What Did You Buy Today?

There are so many different types of inserts out there, I find it challenging to sort through them all to know which ones are useful. It's not a trivial investment to buy a new toolholder and 5 or so inserts just to see if they work. Someone could run a youtube channel just showing each insert in use. ;)

Then again, if I see a tool in use that solves a particular need or problem I face, then that is different.
"Then that is different."
Me too, but I'll admit to being a tool crazy fool. I fall victim to thinking/or using I could use that as an excuse to acquire a new tool to try.

"Then that is different."
Me too, but I'll admit to being a tool crazy fool. I fall victim to thinking/or using I could use that as an excuse to acquire a new tool to try.

I must admit, I have caught myself thinking that at times, but the tools I actually own and have bought all get used.

Do you think this would accommodate screwdrivers with a 1/2” shaft?
I have a 3/8" x 1/2" x 12" long shaft screwdriver in one of mine:

375 x 500 x 12 in Shaft.jpeg

I don't have a 1/2" round shaft screwdriver, but the clips can hold a 1/2" pin:

500 Pin.jpeg

I've had 1/8" shaft up to the 3/8" x 1/2" shaft screwdrivers in these for over 3 years without any issues.

Another one I've never seen before . Lufkin indicator . Both a test and drop indicator in one . Fully jeweled also .

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    492.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    516 KB · Views: 32
Couldn’t resist. Probably a rough Chinese ripoff, but of a coveted Dake 1-1/2b 18”-travel 3-ton ratcheting arbor press, a real example of which costs at least twice as much in dilapidated condition. (Edit—not as much travel as a ’b’—but enough for a 11” broach.) This one is open-box new, which means some purist probably rejected it :)

IMG_1262.jpeg

Rick “will make the necessary improvements” Denney

Last edited:
Couldn’t resist. Probably a rough Chinese ripoff, but of a coveted Dake 1-1/2b 18”-travel 3-ton ratcheting arbor press, a real example of which costs at least twice as much in dilapidated condition. This one is open-box new, which means some purist probably rejected it :)

View attachment 477582

Rick “will make the necessary improvements” Denney
Let the mods begin!!!

...Rick “will make the necessary improvements” Denney
Thinking of improvements. Could take a few pictures around the ratchet mechanism? Looks simple enough to make a copy of, for a press that doesn't have a ratchet arm... ( = One more project on my list things to do, and my buddy with the CNC plasma table is looking for projects right now... :) )

Back