What Did You Buy Today?

It's old for sure. I pulled out all the drawers and checked everywhere hoping to find something. But no luck. Nothing on the lock either.

And also check on the very back of the rear side , not only the drawers .

Picked up a band saw today. I told the guy I would take it a year and half ago. I finally made it around to get it out of his storage trailer. I should have tried to leave there for the winter, since I really do not have room in my shop yet either.

Believe it’s is a 12”x20” Kalamazoo saw.

IMG_0375.jpg
IMG_0377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting I guess the particles grind the plastic out. Well good to know will not use it for the grinder. Thanks a lot man

Guys I think the big issue with these and plastic pipe generally is the airflow produces static charge build up rather quickly and the inevitable discharge spark igniting fine dust particles. There may be a way to wrap a “grounding” or discharge wire to alleviate but I’m not sure

Guys I think the big issue with these and plastic pipe generally is the airflow produces static charge build up rather quickly and the inevitable discharge spark igniting fine dust particles. There may be a way to wrap a “grounding” or discharge wire to alleviate but I’m not sure

Look up the dielectric strength for common plastics- not enough to generate any spark that could start a fire under foreseeable conditions. Otherwise, wood shops would be exploding left and right.

Last edited:
Look up the dielectric constant for common plastics- not enough to generate any spark that could start a fire under foreseeable conditions. Otherwise, wood shops would be exploding left and right.
yep, we have had this argument for years. I see nothing to support it. I use all pvc piping. BTW, shop vac hoses are PLASTIC.. I don't know what type... hdpe I assume...

so many warnings, but no proof.

Home central vacs.. pvc..

yep, we have had this argument for years. I see nothing to support it. I use all pvc piping. BTW, shop vac hoses are PLASTIC.. I don't know what type... hdpe I assume...

If it were really a problem, the NEC and fire marshall would have it grounded and inspected, wouldn't you think?

Jeff. I have a cyclone dust collector in my woodworking shop. One day, quite a few years ago, I happened to look over at my cyclone where the 8" PVC entered the main intake, and I could see a spark jumping from the PVC over to the metal cyclone system. Also, if you touched the PVC or flex hose coming off of the machines, it would give you quite a jolt.
I didn't like that at all. I had seen guys wrap copper wire around the PVC and other homemade remedies. I decided to use aluminum HVAC tape on the outside of the PVC. I simply ran the stuff all along my ducting and finalized the connection at the cyclone with a screw into the sheet metal. Problem solved. It was simple, and effective, and I no longer had to deal with getting shocked.

Back