What Did You Buy Today?

You'll like them; I dedicated a HF caliper for this task and modified the box so the "points" don't have to be removed:
I thought about dedicating a caliper for this as well. I notice by your label that you are zeroing the caliper with the centerlines attached then adding .375 to your reading vs zeroing without centerline then attaching and taking direct readings. Is this because you are worried about loosing zero when not in use or....?

I thought about dedicating a caliper for this as well. I notice by your label that you are zeroing the caliper with the centerlines attached then adding .375 to your reading vs zeroing without centerline then attaching and taking direct readings. Is this because you are worried about loosing zero when not in use or....?
When I mounted them to the calipers I was very careful to make sure they were fully seated and the points were out the same distance, then checked on know holes (CNC drilled fixture plate). I don't trust myself to do this everytime I need them, and since I have two Mitutoyo's for normal use decided to make the Pittsburg set "Hole Calipers."

I was taught long ago to store calipers slightly open so the faces don't touch and to open them, wipe the faces, then close them fully & zero – you get more consistent measurements that way. I do the same with my Hole Calipers.

Picked up a Grizzly 2x42 belt sander, newer product in their line.
Don't do knives but should work for 1/4 and 3/8 HSS grinding.
Only plastic parts are the release handles, rest is fairly stout.
IMG_7312.jpeg
Tool rest is marginal but usable and fixable
IMG_7310.jpeg
Came with a canted mount for the speed control, may or may not straighten later on.
IMG_7307.jpeg
Platen and mount could be refined a bit also, will see how it works before goofing with it.
IMG_7314.jpeg
Quiet running motor, 0-6700 RPM controller.
It was late last night so only ran it up to 5000 RPM. Really screaming at that speed.
Supposedly 3/4 hp
Have had Dayton 2x42 knockoff in my Amazon cart for months. For $100 more thinking this will work and require less modifications for my foray into HSS tool making.

Picked up a Grizzly 2x42 belt sander, newer product in their line.
Don't do knives but should work for 1/4 and 3/8 HSS grinding.
Only plastic parts are the release handles, rest is fairly stout.
View attachment 467619
Tool rest is marginal but usable and fixable
View attachment 467621
Came with a canted mount for the speed control, may or may not straighten later on.
View attachment 467622
Platen and mount could be refined a bit also, will see how it works before goofing with it.
View attachment 467623
Quiet running motor, 0-6700 RPM controller.
It was late last night so only ran it up to 5000 RPM. Really screaming at that speed.
Supposedly 3/4 hp
Have had Dayton 2x42 knockoff in my Amazon cart for months. For $100 more thinking this will work and require less modifications for my foray into HSS tool making.
Looks nice.

Why change the speed controller mount? It’s at a nice angle for viewing.

I bought a Kioti CX2510,, and it was delivered today. I traded in my Kubota B2601 for it. The Kubota had a whopping 56 hours on the clock, but a few things drove me nuts, one of them being a vibration between 1700 and 2200 rpm, which is pretty much the range I work in.

I will have to say that the Kioti is incredible. The cab has heat and air conditioning and superb visibility. The controls are very well laid out, including an electronic speed control, factory third function, rear remote, and actual forward and reverse pedals vs. the shuttle control on the Kubota. The Kioti is 25-ish horsepower but this particular engine is actually their 35hp one that is derated to 25hp for emissions purposes. Numerous YouTube videos show how to turn the injector pump up to get your 35hp. I will not be doing that; however, it is nice to know that the engine is built for 35hp.

What little bit I have run around the yard this morning, I am absolutely loving it.PXL_20231122_145350966.jpgPXL_20231122_150105478.jpg

What's a rear remote? Is that a lever for the valve for the three point hitch near the hitch hookup?

Back