Well, Im in a dispute with VEVOR over a damaged rotary table.

I’d suggest mounting it to the table and doing regular indicator checks. But also, if I got a rotab for $200, I’d be highly motivated to figure out how to be happy with it.

I know you know already that you can’t qc a $200 item at the $1600 spec.

There’s not any ”chroming” on these btw. It’s a nickel finish, and intended to be dull. Rusts way less than chrome, and easier on your eyes.

Best of luck in finding satisfaction!

That's what I was thinking.

While I won't excuse a product with damage, I don't see how chips out of the corner are going to cause a problem. The unit mounts on all the other surface area that makes contact with the table. I'll bet anything if it was mounted and an indicator put on the table it'll be within specs.

No, it most assuredly does not.

The pic of the scale showing light is of a ground mounting surface, so no, it will not sit flat in any position.

The 2nd mounting surface is not even ground.

But buying tools based soley on price does not show due diligence on the part of the buyer.

I provided videos of the reviews I watched in preparing to purchase this. I need this for exactly one job, so not worth spending any more than needed.

I've bought from Vevor before, and know the items are to be considered assembled kits that need to be finished, but this level of damage and haphazard finish is unacceptable even at this price point.

I’d suggest mounting it to the table and doing regular indicator checks. But also, if I got a rotab for $200, I’d be highly motivated to figure out how to be happy with it.

I know you know already that you can’t qc a $200 item at the $1600 spec.

There’s not any ”chroming” on these btw. It’s a nickel finish, and intended to be dull. Rusts way less than chrome, and easier on your eyes.

Best of luck in finding satisfaction!

Ill post pics just for laughs, but I'm pretty sure a tape measure will be the measuring method and not an indicator.

I did not know about the plating being nickel, and yes, it does look to be easy to read in harsh light.

As to finding satisfaction, I've been in this game long enough to remember when Enco got their start and how bad some of their stuff was back then. Now their owned by MSC and are considered to generally be of good quality.

I'm still pushing for a return or refund at this point (been here before), but in the end I know Ill wind up with a good end result. Its just a matter of working it out and doing the necessary work to the tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks rally bad even for a Vevor product.

If you can return it. I would do that. Then. look at OfferUp or Craigslist. You can get a way better rotary table for that $200. You will also be able to inspect before purchasing.

Cutting oil is my blood.

No, it most assuredly does not.

The pic of the scale showing light is of a ground mounting surface, so no, it will not sit flat in any position.

The 2nd mounting surface is not even ground.
There's really no way for us to tell from the pictures you posted. They're mostly zoomed in too far and give no perspective. The first picture shows a couple of chips out of a corner for the two mounting surfaces that have the recesses and screw holes for mounting tabs. Those chips won't prevent the other surfaces from sitting flush, but maybe there's more going on...just no way for us to see what you're trying to describe. The other pictures appear to just be closeups of the couple of chips in the first picture. I had to go through them like four times and was still confused what you're trying to show. If that's what was sent to the company I can see them saying it won't cause a problem. I'm not saying that to be critical, just point out that it's not clear what's going on based off those pictures.

I had a problem with a water cooler for a TIG welder once and it pout out a trickle of water...like a tenth of what it should. I described it in great detail and it wasn't until I made a video with a 3ft long output hose showing the water went maybe an inch above the top of the hose when held vertically that it finally made sense to the customer service person who then authorized a refund. Sometimes it really has to be painfully clear, especially when you're dealing with someone who almost certainly speaks English as a second language....barely.

PayPal has buyer protection. I have had them refund a few purchases, no hassle so far.

There's really no way for us to tell from the pictures you posted. They're mostly zoomed in too far and give no perspective. The first picture shows a couple of chips out of a corner for the two mounting surfaces that have the recesses and screw holes for mounting tabs. Those chips won't prevent the other surfaces from sitting flush, but maybe there's more going on...just no way for us to see what you're trying to describe. The other pictures appear to just be closeups of the couple of chips in the first picture. I had to go through them like four times and was still confused what you're trying to show. If that's what was sent to the company I can see them saying it won't cause a problem. I'm not saying that to be critical, just point out that it's not clear what's going on based off those pictures.

I had a problem with a water cooler for a TIG welder once and it pout out a trickle of water...like a tenth of what it should. I described it in great detail and it wasn't until I made a video with a 3ft long output hose showing the water went maybe an inch above the top of the hose when held vertically that it finally made sense to the customer service person who then authorized a refund. Sometimes it really has to be painfully clear, especially when you're dealing with someone who almost certainly speaks English as a second language....barely.

OK, I can see your point of view here, not everyone would be able to tell the issue from some of the pics, such is life I guess.

But understand, The pics were taken to build a case with VEVOR and I have been through this before.

I agree about the need for it to be made perfectly clear, but as you have experienced yourself with your example, it can be a bit of a process.

In dealing with this company it usually (In my experience)goes something like this, you file a complaint and they make you an offer, show more proof and they make another offer, and and the wheels on the bus go round and round. This is the Chinese culture and how they operate.

So eventually this will be resolved somehow, with PP being my hole card if I cant at some point agree to the terms.

I have had several Vevor items arrive in the past that were of stellar quality, others as mentioned were pre assembled kits and this is widely known.

FWIW I got what you were trying to convey with the light showing through the straight edge and the RT. That IMHO is the best way to show it’s not been machined flat. And there are some things like chipped paint and other details that will not effect the performance but when you are in a dispute I throw all the problems out there just to drive the point.

Looks like it was dropped, probably at the factory. The scale/light test, I would expect there to be a burr there based on the impact damage. Is the whole thing like that? I mean, if you can stone the burr down, that would probably be enough. If the whole surface is not flat, that would be a big issue and unacceptable. Is the bottom flat any better/worse?

My view is that these are pre-assembled kits that must be unassembled, cleaned, deburred, and inspected. Then the fitting and fixing begins. Even if you get an undamaged replacement, you'll still need to do all the steps. So bad news, it's crap. Good news, just add labor.

I don't expect much from Vevor... but I expect better than that. Please let us know how this shakes out?

Back