Ultra S/P cutting oil

I just ordered a gallon of Anchorlube on Amazon for $60. It seems to be pretty popular with some of the You Tube folks, and I like the idea that it is water based and can be brushed on/no spill, and supposedly has nothing really nasty in it. Mike

I really don't care for Anchorlube. It is hard to get where you want it and it's messy. I like cutting oil that stays wet and coats everything.

I just ordered a gallon of Anchorlube on Amazon for $60. It seems to be pretty popular with some of the You Tube folks, and I like the idea that it is water based and can be brushed on/no spill, and supposedly has nothing really nasty in it. Mike

There are numerous reports (including from Joe Pie) warning about AnchorLube staining iron/steel machine surfaces if not cleaned off shortly after use. I’ll dig some links up when I get to my computer.

I'd heard that, but I generally clean up after every use of my machines, and they are working machines not beauty pageant contestants. Mike

I found that Anchor Lube definitely will stain the ways on a lathe even if they are wet from way oil if not cleaned off right away.

Those of you that use Anchor Lube, do you use it straight, or diluted? The instructions say one can mix up to 50% water. I did that and had it in a kiddie paint cup. After a while it grows mold, which reduced my enthusiasm. Anyone else have that experience?

At least it doesn't smoke too bad. And you do have to clean it up, but that's no different than Tap Magic which also stains. Tap magic also seems to corrode stuff. Forgot to clean a drill bit and put it back in the index. Next day there was corrosion in the index:(.

Those of you that use Anchor Lube, do you use it straight, or diluted? The instructions say one can mix up to 50% water. I did that and had it in a kiddie paint cup. After a while it grows mold, which reduced my enthusiasm. Anyone else have that experience?

At least it doesn't smoke too bad. And you do have to clean it up, but that's no different than Tap Magic which also stains. Tap magic also seems to corrode stuff. Forgot to clean a drill bit and put it back in the index. Next day there was corrosion in the index:(.
I use it mostly straight, I have had the top section lose moisture, and have had to add some to the bottle. Shake and we are good to go. No mold. Because it is SO humid lately, I won't put the exhaust fan on which will add humidity. So I have been using anchor a lot. Been drilling holes for the new press, and the runners are stainless 304 based on work hardening, and the square tubing is mild steel. Anyway, It's been working nicely. So little smoke compared to tap magic. Only one work harden when the drill bit lost its edge, totally my fault, running it too fast.

I used the S/P cutting oil again today.....near zero smoke and works great....

Back