Ultra S/P cutting oil

You can dilute it with water per the manufacturer (I forget the ratio).
I just checked the one 4 oz anchor lube I had and it separated and now smells like a dirty sock. I really haven't been impressed with it at all.

It looks like the oil in the original post is somewhat related to Norseman.
I’m also interested in it, but finding single bottles seems to be difficult (even at a higher unit cost, it would be nice to find a reasonable source for a 4oz bottle). I’ll try calling around next week to see if I can score a free sample.

I just checked the one 4 oz anchor lube I had and it separated and now smells like a dirty sock. I really haven't been impressed with it at all.
It does have a shorter shelf life than others, I think because of the water base.

When I have used Anchor lube it sits like toothpaste, and I question how it gets down in the hole while drilling SS if your not supposed to peck? I must say that I know nothing about drilling dynamics, it's just something that makes me go hummmm.
Anchor Lube is great stuff using on draw dies . Can't say I ever used it for cutting fluid .

I have a couple of bottles and use it occasionally. Very sticky and thick but will thin out when your bit gets good and hot. Maybe better in the mill than the lathe as gravity helps getting it to the bottom of a hole. Does it work? Yup, is it better? can't say. I was thinking of thinning it out with some WD40 but haven't tried yet.

Back