Tour of Hoarders Machine shop and Auctions coming up for the next year or 2

Anyone whos kitchen is full of machine tools is a hoarder to me, pile on pile of redundant tools is also a sign, apparently you have a different definition which is OK by me.
No such thing as a tool hoarder, it's "Curator of Industrial Miscellany".

Thank you very much for the heads up!

That micrometer set is a great find, and just from the pictures has helped us in our research!

We actually have this exact set, albeit complete with all rods. It was unclear to us on whether or not the wood case was a factory produced item, or if someone made it themselves. Seeing this exact same set, case and all confirms that Slocomb did make them.

We will be watching the auction, and maybe will be able to add this to the collection!

If anyone sees any other Slocomb tooling or ephemera (especially catalogs and other printed material) Please let us know~!
I can't figure out if you are a museum curator, collector, or both. When I go to the website you host, you sell some stuff, but not much.
some of your pages are page not found ... ie why was this archive created

Wow nutso amount of things in there, I bet they knew where they acquired each and every bit of it though.

I can't figure out if you are a museum curator, collector, or both. When I go to the website you host, you sell some stuff, but not much.
some of your pages are page not found ... ie why was this archive created

To start, both. The JT Slocomb Archive is a curator for all JT Slocomb ephemera completely independant from the original J.T.Slocomb Co., but is striving and continually working on keeping the legacy alive. Additionally as well as researching and documenting the history, we are always reaching out and are continually looking to add new acquisitions to our collection.

As for the website store, Currently we only are selling replacement springs for Providence era micrometers

We plan to expand much more hopefully soon, limitations acknowledged. New production items will include disassembly tooling, custom fabricated replacement friction stop springs and housings, replacement depth micrometer rods, and more, including expanding to services for repairs, adjustments, calibration, and restorations of Slocomb mics.

In regards to the many pages that are not found is because many, not just some, and on top of that, additionally many more, is that they are still being built and compiled.

The website is and has been under construction for only a little over one year, and until everything known about JT Slocomb is documented, it will continue to be worked on, and added to.

In regards as to why this Archive was created, it came from a place of the lack of information and history about this company. From a libation to a passion project, the sole purpose is to try to provide information and resources that were once unknown and provide that knowledge as best we can to whomever is pursuing this interest in learning about a past manufacture who was the underdog in history, but changed the standard for their contributions to metrology tooling that still are in common practice to this day.

I hope I have answered your questions to the best of my ability, please let me know if you have more questions, or suggestions, we are gladly to hear all.

---Spyke, Curator

I have some Slocomb mics. I haven't used them yet. They are larger sizes. When I got them it was the first I knew of them. They are not the speed mics :(

Wow, I thought I was bad. I've still got room in the shop to walk around and I haven't moved any into the house. I'm going to get rid of some stuff as well, but selling things it somewhat of a pain.

Interesting, I have not watched the video but I'm wondering how this video & auction became so well known. I've seen this posted in various different places, different forums, reddit, & now even Mr.Pete mentioned it in a video. It hasn't popped up in my YT feed yet.

Interesting, I have not watched the video but I'm wondering how this video & auction became so well known. I've seen this posted in various different places, different forums, reddit, & now even Mr.Pete mentioned it in a video. It hasn't popped up in my YT feed yet.
Topper machine did the video. I watch him, and many were waiting for the sale. He is pretty famous in some circles. I did not know him.

Back