POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I needed to move the bench away from my mill so I could set up my makeshift paint booth to paint my winter wheels. I had some old wheels and casters that I added to the extruded legs of the bench to make it mobile. This bench is starting to look like the Erector set I had as a kid. Lol

IMG_3253.jpeg

I got the booth set up and sprayed etching primer on the wheels.

IMG_3255.jpeg

Yes, I wasn't sure what to use for wood. I tried the aluminum insert and it worked so I just went for it.

Though I was among only a few who knew that particular trick. The sharp nose is ideal for wood where other inserts are................shall we say less effective.

Though I was among only a few who knew that particular trick. The sharp nose is ideal for wood where other inserts are................shall we say less effective.
I really don't know sh-- about wood cutting but was wondering if a round steel insert would work ?????

Generally with wood (though not always) a sharp edge tool is the best option. Just look at chisels, planes, saws, wood drills, wood augers et-al and you see they all share sharp edges with which to work wood. A blunt/non-sharp tool will not work so well.

Had a 10"x10" piece of 1/4" hot rolled plate. I cut a piece 6.5"x6.5" out of it and drilled 4 holes.
Then I welded it onto the tongue of my trailer - for the new jack I bought last week.
Simple but satisfying little job.

Attachments

• 9132024182737.jpg
    9132024182737.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 33
Back