POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Space….

Figured out how to Tetris all my machines and tool boxes into my one car garage and still have space for the project car.

I bought a 27” roller cab to replace the 42” one but I don’t need it and will be returning to HF.

View attachment 502716

View attachment 502719

John
A fellow Hardinge owner!! LOL, am considering firing mine up for the first time in 5 years. Nice looking belt sander attachment. Brand?

Try looking up "Bernie" then if Brassic had you searching. The english language is great, but cockney is also fun, if a bit confusing to those unfamiliar with it.

Anywhoosle, time for some rosy before heading to bedfordshire. Luckily I don't have apples, so my biscuits and cheese are safe, but that don't mean my plates ain't sore from two days under the current bun doin what equated to an all day ball of chalk whilst doling out various amounts sugar and honey.
I thought I was pretty good with different English dialects till I heard, not read, cockney. Very humbling . . .

I've made one attempt at a gib, thing bowed like a banana . . .

I expected the Aluminum sample to bow. Fortunately it didn’t. The real material ductile iron will not bow.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Yes. What I haven't done is research if or how to stress relieve material suitable for a gib . . .

Usually, heating and allowing to cool naturally is the best way, though that is not to say it works for all materials.

My car came with “Summer tires” as stock.
So when you need to buy a good set of “Ultra High Performance All Seasons” you stick new wheels (Enkei TS-10) inside of them (at least that’s how I roll). So I swapped wheels, cloned the OEM TPMS sensors, went for a drive to get my psi readings back on the dash. Stuck one of the stock wheels/tires in the trunk as a full size spare (they don’t come with a spare now, it’s a big bottle of tire sealer & a small compressor).
View attachment 502184
Is that what I think it is? A WRX? :congratulate:

Back