POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Went up to Jack's small engines and got a plug and air filter for one of the Husky chainsaws . Only have maybe 4 cuts to make immediately but will be ready for up at camp . Ordered a new original carb for the Husky 522L whacker that I can't find on the Bay or Amazon . Trying to get all the 2 strokers up and running for the wood season . 87 degrees today , I thought we were thru the heat for the year . :grin:

Went up to Jack's small engines and got a plug and air filter for one of the Husky chainsaws . Only have maybe 4 cuts to make immediately but will be ready for up at camp . Ordered a new original carb for the Husky 522L whacker that I can't find on the Bay or Amazon . Trying to get all the 2 strokers up and running for the wood season . 87 degrees today , I thought we were thru the heat for the year . :grin:
How was Bruce?

How was Bruce?
Excellent ! Took lots of videos . No luck on the chainsaw though . Once again the wrong air filter , but seems like no spark . I'm running up to TS for a gallon of pre-mix just to verify the gas is good . I mixed up un-ethanol 50-1 2 months ago but not sure if it's good or not .

EDIT ........................Got spark , next up is the gas .

Are you going to put a Hardy hole in it?

I don’t plan to.
How many inserts did you go through. I used solid carbide and my top was so hard it just chewed them up. I had to side mill to deck it, as it just was so hard.
Surprisingly, I did all of the work with the same set of inserts. I used the 1” inserted cutter to chop out the profiles with 0.020-0.030” step over.
The angles on the sides of the horn were cut with a 3/4” solid carbide rougher.
This is a new piece of rail so the top isn’t work hardened like a used rail would be.

Why I hate mice. This shorted out the thermostat control on the air conditioning in a sweeper cab so that the evaporator would freeze up. This had me tracing wires one by one. No open circuit but a shorted out one when the bare wires touched.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 17
Back