POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Beautiful cabinets, junk laminate flooring.... Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Just got these photos from a client. They'd just finished the flooring around the cabinets I'd built for them. 1/4 sawn red oak I'd milled a few years ago. The lady wanted the one piece stained black, I was in tears staining 1/4 sawn wood. lol
Next is granite counter tops.
View attachment 496000

View attachment 496001
Just finished 1/4 sawing 10 red oak logs, hard to judge the footage as I leave the live edge on one side. Easier to trim on the table saw as each board is a different width when you quarter saw.

Greg
I would be in tears too. Most people don't understand. I was talking to a guy , people see figured wood in their tables, orr furniture and think it's defective. They have no clue.

Have to live with other peoples tastes but try to steer them in my direction. lol
Those cabinets morphed into a vanity for the bathroom, baseboard, window trim / jamb extensions and door trim to be milled out of pine I have in the shed. Then Steel posts for the railing around the stairwell with stainless cable and a wooden cap.
Great work but Im supposed to be enjoying summer and planning a trip to Newfoundland. Want to get there while the icebergs are coming through. Ain't never seen an ice cube that big. lol

Greg

Back