POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Sitting taking lunch at work right now. I just finished turning down a .375 shaft that is 9” long to .355. So it can get chrome plated. It is a repair we do.

Anyhow most of you know what a PITA this can be. Flex chatter both. As I do not have a follow rest. I pulled my old OD grinding spring out to give that a go.
It worked great. Right at .0005 variance over the length.

This might be something some of you might find useful. Glad I kept it.
Finish no sanding.

Cutting oil is my blood.
Have you used this while parting?

Have you used this while parting?

I have not. Most of the time I try to have it on a center when parting. I could try the spring when doing a smaller part.

Good idea.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Thank you. I honestly expected you to give me some very valid reasons why it wouldn't work. I need to get my hands on an adequate spring.

Fixed my shirt that's been ripped for a few years. I waited too long, and it shredded further, and the ends rolled, making it tough to put thru the sewing machine.. Pretty pleased, since I suck at sewing.

edit: forgot to mention, it's an A-Bomb shirt, with a pocket (I don't have many pocket T's) Good for today's grinding project.

Attachments

• PXL_20240704_170026856.jpg
    PXL_20240704_170026856.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I did some face milling in the HBM for the first time. It was nice to get some time on the machine.
5" face mill I got from Matthewmuppet2 is working like a charm.
face milling.jpg
face milling 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back