POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Picked up a relatively new Craftsman workbench off of Kijiji today. I paid $120 CAD for it, which I think is a good deal. Spent all afternoon playing musical chairs to get it where I wanted it in the garage. While I was at it I also tidied up a bit, hung some shelves, and mounted my vice.

A bit part of why I bought this is that I got frustrated of using my vice on the floor.
IMG_3249.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG
IMG_3248.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG

well the gate catch is not working.
it keeps lifting.
I changed the hook angle to 90 on the catch originally it was more acute, but that didn't help.
Added some lead to the front, still lifting.
I'm going to try still more.
If that doesn't work, I may try a torsion spring inside. I'll have to see if I have some stainless music wire.

well the gate catch is not working.
it keeps lifting.
I changed the hook angle to 90 on the catch originally it was more acute, but that didn't help.
Added some lead to the front, still lifting.
I'm going to try still more.
If that doesn't work, I may try a torsion spring inside. I'll have to see if I have some stainless music wire.
well, took the shortcut, made a torsion spring, just regular music wire, it would have been nice to not rust. Seems to be promising . It's been raining, so it will help soften the ground for the install.

26ffa95d03d51ce3d672b5d7e332cc77.jpg

Cut some 1/4” plate to build skirts around patio column bases. Will fill them with decorative rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see you pinched Homer's bucket.......... Was it where he kept his donut stash? LOL

Nice table, water or lazer?

Finally getting around to fixing a couple leaky hydraulic seals on the tractors.

This is an outrigger/ stabilizer rod for the TLB.
No wonder the stabilizer was leaking down in less than a minute, I couldn't even discern a seal lip in either direction. Bought a seal installer set that should make changing the gland nut seals a whole lot easier. The piston is a neat design that splits in half once the piston nut is removed -which should make installing the seals easier than forcing them over the full diameter of the piston.

Really needed to fix this particular cylinder since driving forward if not paying attention the stabilizer leg hangs horizontal and is ripe for hitting things when you least expect it.

I think I will run the piston and gland nut through the HF Ultrasonic cleaner to get a better job of cleaning them up first though.

Attachments

• PXL_20240623_005129818.jpg
    PXL_20240623_005129818.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back