POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

just finished, tomorrow I'll take it apart, clean them and paint them.
it's a gate holdback catch for the pool.
I was going to make it for under, but there wasn't enough room, then thought, I can catch from above... DOH.. All from scrap aluminum and delrin. The first catch was all aluminum, but I didn't like the action, and the delrin prevents scratching up the gate and adds some weight so I don't have to add weight.
The caps are not fully seated. so I don't have to remove them.. they are a tight fit.
PXL_20240622_012229210.jpgPXL_20240622_012248196.jpgPXL_20240622_012257022.jpg

While working on up grading my HF hydraulic press, my ADHD kicked in. I had the brilliant idea to turn out a cap or two for beer bottles. Problem being that this time of year, while sitting outside at my local watering hole the flies are 'pesky' and land on your beer bottle. If they work in practice, a win, I guess. Ok, it's what I came up with.

Attachments

• beer cap 2.jpg
    beer cap 2.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 29
  • beer cap 1.jpg
    beer cap 1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 29
just finished, tomorrow I'll take it apart, clean them and paint them.
it's a gate holdback catch for the pool.
I was going to make it for under, but there wasn't enough room, then thought, I can catch from above... DOH.. All from scrap aluminum and delrin. The first catch was all aluminum, but I didn't like the action, and the delrin prevents scratching up the gate and adds some weight so I don't have to add weight.
The caps are not fully seated. so I don't have to remove them.. they are a tight fit.
View attachment 494410View attachment 494411View attachment 494412
struggling with the can of paint that I have for the fence. I can't get it to spray and atomize. The can spits large globules of paint.
Trying to heat the can, I already tried my paint shaker.... GRRR.

struggling with the can of paint that I have for the fence. I can't get it to spray and atomize. The can spits large globules of paint.
Trying to heat the can, I already tried my paint shaker.... GRRR.
How old is the can of paint?
How long have you mixed (shaken it for)?
Have you tried the "dunk it in warm/hot water for a couple of minutes" trick?
How clean is the nozzle and what type is it? (Fan pattern nozzle or cone pattern nozzle)

What type of paint is it?

How old is the can of paint?
How long have you mixed (shaken it for)?
Have you tried the "dunk it in warm/hot water for a couple of minutes" trick?
How clean is the nozzle and what type is it? (Fan pattern nozzle or cone pattern nozzle)

What type of paint is it?
can was a NOS can of custom bronze spray paint. About 22 years old. Never used.
I didn't want to put it in water, the paper tag would melt away. I did stick it on a coffee hot plate.
I have mixed it for about 10 minutes on high in my paint shaker. Both in a normal position , and 10 in the 90 degree position so I can get the full effect of the shaker.

I normally would do the hot water.. I just wanted to save the tag.

can was a NOS can of custom bronze spray paint. About 22 years old. Never used.
I didn't want to put it in water, the paper tag would melt away. I did stick it on a coffee hot plate.
I have mixed it for about 10 minutes on high in my paint shaker. Both in a normal position , and 10 in the 90 degree position so I can get the full effect of the shaker.

I normally would do the hot water.. I just wanted to save the tag.

Could be that the solids have settled and not remixed properly, could be too low pressure or it could be the nozzle.

You really need to surround the can entirely with heat, not just the base.

Have you tried a different nozzle on it yet?

Could be that the solids have settled and not remixed properly, could be too low pressure or it could be the nozzle.

You really need to surround the can entirely with heat, not just the base.

Have you tried a different nozzle on it yet?
I tried another nozzle.
I should have put it outside earlier. At 96F it would have been warmer.:rolleyes:
I'm done for now, I let it spit, and then will figure out if I need to strip it back down later. I don't think it will lay flat, but it might be GOOD ENOUGH..

Back