Need a gantry crane for a one time use.

I second the idea of a tow truck. 5 ton would not be a big lift for one.
Offer a local guy cash. The rub will be contriving a sling to lift it but for a guy who can dream about having huge rocks around his place that should be doable.

Be not like this guy... Why always the people have twangy accents in these videos?

I'll bet the intelligent being tried to drive that home. Of course, he had no steering, and no suspension. SMH.. but then again, these days it seems that most of the country has this intelligence.

I would suggest some measurements and density guesses. You don't want to be off by 50% on your lifting capacity!

I'm in team telehandler and/or heavy wrecker.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

if the ground is soft (farmers field) then a gantry crane is going to sink unless you can spread the point loads of the feet over a much larger area.

I thought drop deck trailer and winch it on, but the rock is probably too wide as drop decks are pretty narrow. How about a tilt deck trailer? That, a 10,000lb winch and some steel or plywood sheet to winch it over should work. Getting it off would be more of a challenge, all depends on if you have an anchor you can run a snatch block to. Or go the "friendly neighbourhood wrecker" route when you get it home.

A cheaper alternative would be forming it and pouring concrete. You could shape the top as it dries to look like a rock. All in the same town.

Back