I just can't take it anymore

Ethanol replaced MTBE , known to be a carcinogen . The Exxon contaminated my two wells years ago as well as 1000s of others in the neighborhood . They were promptly shut down and spent millions cleaning the mess up due to their leaks . Ethanol helps out the corn industry but adds nothing but trouble to small engines or the gas itself . Once again , no choices here other than drive to where they sell un-ethanol gas and pay the extra cost . To me , it's well worth it .
Fortunately, almost every gas station in our area has either non-ethanol regular or premium. It's generally sold as "recreational" gas for outboards, ATVs and small engines. I was rebuilding small engine carbs on an annual basis before it was reintroduced. The ethanol was so hard on gas lines I was buying it by the 50-foot spool. Now I rarely have to change a gas line or rebuild a carb.

There is a town here Bowie Texas just off of State highway 287 that protested Walmart building a store on the highway and they made the exit ramps about a mile away from the store to keep Walmart from being in the main traffic corridor I was low on gas one day and was on the way back from Dallas and could not get to the Walmart to refuel. The exit took me to town where I used a local gas station to buy fuel. Later I found out that it was planned that way by the citizens of Bowie. I commend the citizens for fighting back.

We’ll see how things turn out.

Once again, you're missing the point. If you and all your neighbors were willing to pay the higher prices the local merchants were asking, they would still be in business. You are the ones that chose to go to Walmart and buy the same product for less. You are the ones that ultimately put the local retailers out of business by making your purchases at Walmart.
I do my dead level best to stay out of Wal mant; but, I understand your point.

LOL , when the Walmart was built 10 miles away , they had to replace trees that would be lost . I ended up with 50 GD trees in my back yard . I cut them ALL down as I used my field . The following year they were all replanted . :grin: One at a time they're ending up in the firepit . :encourage: I can't maintain the area with those trees and all they do is collect trash from the road .

Fortunately, almost every gas station in our area has either non-ethanol regular or premium.
Strange isn't it ? Any state that has mountains or areas used for recreation sells un-ethanol . Pa. and NY I get it . Not in Md unless off a boat dock .

Fortunately, almost every gas station in our area has either non-ethanol regular or premium. It's generally sold as "recreational" gas for outboards, ATVs and small engines. I was rebuilding small engine carbs on an annual basis before it was reintroduced. The ethanol was so hard on gas lines I was buying it by the 50-foot spool. Now I rarely have to change a gas line or rebuild a carb.
I had to replace the float in the carb on my pressure washer because the ethanol dissolved the glue that glued the two halves of the plastic float together. Small engine mfgs warn against the use of ethanol in their engines. Some will even double the warranty if non ethanol fuel is used. My brother RIP used to manage the service department of a large commercial mower sales company. I think he told me that Sthil did this on a chain saw he bought for himself.

LOL , when the Walmart was built 10 miles away , they had to replace trees that would be lost . I ended up with 50 GD trees in my back yard . I cut them ALL down as I used my field . The following year they were all replanted . :grin: One at a time they're ending up in the firepit . :encourage: I can't maintain the area with those trees and all they do is collect trash from the road .
Take a drive out to West Texas on Interstate 20. When you get to the Midland Odessa area it becomes desert and you can see miles of Walmart shopping bags stuck to the scrub trees and cactus along the highway. I could not believe it there were so many.

There is a town here Bowie Texas just off of State highway 287 that protested Walmart building a store on the highway and they made the exit ramps about a mile away from the store to keep Walmart from being in the main traffic corridor I was low on gas one day and was on the way back from Dallas and could not get to the Walmart to refuel. The exit took me to town where I used a local gas station to buy Martfuel. Later I found out that it was planned that way by the citizens of Bowie. I commend the citizens for fighting back.
It's a bit of a double-edged sword. A small town by us already had a K Mart when Walmart wanted to move in. They had a huge protest and were able to keep Walmart out. 20 years later K Mart went bust and everyone's whining that they have to go 50 miles to buy groceries

Look it up . Cancer causing and was used in all gas years ago . Law suits out the ass until the gubmint finally banned its use .
well first they mandated it, but it was poisoning all the water supplied. It never goes away. And they were slow to rescind the mandate.

Back