I just can't take it anymore

Just today, needed a couple brass pull chain light scokets for a old lamp I'm restoring. HD web site - yes, we have in stock. I should have known better. Not a total loss, had some great oysters with bacon and cheese up the road from HD

:face slap: Ilm trying to get the materials together to hook up my spare air compressor. Made the list and decided to use Home Depot instead of Lowes because Home Depot says they have FREE SHIPPING! Here are the 2 items that they tried to **** me on shipping cost
1/2 in. x Close Black Steel Nipple
THEWORKS
1/2 in. Brass FIP x FIP Threaded Full Port Ball Valve
Pack Size: 1
Valve Inlet Diameter (in.): 1/2
Model #PDB N12XCL

They kept trying to get me to pick up 2 items in the store. But I said if they are shipping the other 7 items why drive to town for the 1/2" nipple and 1/2" valve. So after several times of starting over again checking DELIVER they finally listed all 9 items as shipping. Damn good thing I checked before the final click of the mouse. $38 dollars to ship the 1/2" nipple and $76 dollars to ship the 1/2" ball valve. They are on my DO NOT USE list again. The reason I do not pickup at HOME DEPOT is they made me stand at the counter for over 45 minutes while they tried to find the part they said was ready for me to pick up and their handicap parking is at the entrance door and the exit door is at the very end of the parking lot!
I just tried ordering the parts from your original post. I put them in the cart and went through the checkout. In this case they would be either delivered to the store or the house for free. At our local store the pickup counter is right inside the entrance door. There is also handicapped parking by both the entrance and exit. There are times when the parking by the entrance isn't available because of the overflow from the garden center.

Home Depot does also offer a 10% discount for veterans and active service members. My brother is a vet, and he always gets a 10% discount. Just be sure to ask for it.

nope not in about 25 years. big money ran them all out of business
TX must have changed since I did my time in that state.........
I was in podunk Mabank and had several around.
2000-2005.

I've been going to Lowes more and more because of stuff like that- although I've had trouble with them too. Took me 3 tries to get
a new water heater that wasn't damaged in the box

Part of saving on hiring us plumbers. Wait till you have a warranty issue…….

I went today to Southerlands, Parked in the handicap parking just in front of the door. The man who was taking the empty shopping carts followed inside the store and welcomed me and asked if he could help me find anything. I asked for the plumbing aisle and electical aisle He took the time to show me where they were . I paid about the same price as if i went to Home Depot or Lowes but the friendly service and the store was like it was brand new inside. I had not been there for years they must have done a complete remodeling of the inside of the store. I will visit them again. But the person who shared this link is on the top of my best friend list. The same ball valve that i paid over $11dollars for is half price on this website and they say Free Shipping. https://www.supplyhouse.com/

I have lost my patients with both of them, bad service, crappy product and a maze of a store and web site. Our Lowes has tools in their tool section for display that look as though they were left in the weather for months, if they do not care enough to at least maintain the appearance of tools on the shelf which they want to sell me for hundreds of dollars what will their customer service and warranty response be like? Home depot is much like Many of the Auto parts stores now, handling items the yuppies are looking for, floor mates and air fresheners.... My default is Ace as much as possible, locally owned with customer service and many of the small items I need cuz that is what breaks.... What ever became of the local hardware stores that had steel traps and number 10 wash tubs hanging from the rafters?

I have lost my patients with both of them, bad service, crappy product and a maze of a store and web site. Our Lowes has tools in their tool section for display that look as though they were left in the weather for months, if they do not care enough to at least maintain the appearance of tools on the shelf which they want to sell me for hundreds of dollars what will their customer service and warranty response be like? Home depot is much like Many of the Auto parts stores now, handling items the yuppies are looking for, floor mates and air fresheners.... My default is Ace as much as possible, locally owned with customer service and many of the small items I need cuz that is what breaks.... What ever became of the local hardware stores that had steel traps and number 10 wash tubs hanging from the rafters?
they were put out of business by HD. HD wasn't happy with killing the comp, so where I worked in the late 80s, they put a Hometown in right across from the hardware store. In a year the hardware store was out of business. I was p i s s e d. You know those guys in the hardware store were making a living wage, the guys in HD were not making as much. The guys in the hardware store had knowledge, the guys in HD some had, some didn't. When the housing bubble burst, many contractors worked for HD for a time, and knowledge was good. Then things went back to normal and most don't have knowledge. These days it's tough to get in a dedicated plumbing store. They don't want my business, only pros.

Back