I just can't take it anymore

I'm also a fan of Supply House. I get all my valves and fittings there and just buy the pipe locally.

I've had even worse experiences with Home Depot and Lowes, Deliveries, Shipping, etc... One time, I ordered a Drywall lifter from HD that was "Free Ship to Store" I got email notifications it was ready to pick up, However when I got there, no one knew anything about it. 2hrs later they could only find one of the 3 boxes it shipped in... They told me the rest of the order would be ready the next day. The next day, they still couldn't find it, and said they really weren't responsible as "Home Depot online is a separate company! That's when I called and complained to their main office in Atlanta. That worked as I got a call the next day saying they located the missing packages, they had been delivered to a different HD. So about 4-5 hours of my time wasted over 3 days.

I'm also a fan of Supply House. I get all my valves and fittings there and just buy the pipe locally.

I've had even worse experiences with Home Depot and Lowes, Deliveries, Shipping, etc... One time, I ordered a Drywall lifter from HD that was "Free Ship to Store" I got email notifications it was ready to pick up, However when I got there, no one knew anything about it. 2hrs later they could only find one of the 3 boxes it shipped in... They told me the rest of the order would be ready the next day. The next day, they still couldn't find it, and said they really weren't responsible as "Home Depot online is a separate company! That's when I called and complained to their main office in Atlanta. That worked as I go a call the next day saying they located the missing packages, they had been delivered to a different HD. So about 4-5 hours of my time wasted over 3 days.
Yeah, and your drywall is still leaning against the wall!

Yeah, and your drywall is still leaning against the wall!
Well, in this case I had ordered the lifter well in advance of the planned work. And it was worth getting, as it made hanging the double ⅝" ceiling much easier.

Yup! Been there, done that many moons ago though!

Well, in this case I had ordered the lifter well in advance of the planned work. And it was worth getting, as it made hanging the double ⅝" ceiling much easier.
Ed , once I can get the garage cleaned out I'm going to need one of these ! :grin:

I've had even worse experiences with Home Depot and Lowes, Deliveries, Shipping, etc... One time, I ordered a Drywall lifter from HD that was "Free Ship to Store" I got email notifications it was ready to pick up, However when I got there, no one knew anything about it. 2hrs later they could only find one of the 3 boxes it shipped in... They told me the rest of the order would be ready the next day. The next day, they still couldn't find it, and said they really weren't responsible as "Home Depot online is a separate company! That's when I called and complained to their main office in Atlanta. That worked as I go a call the next day saying they located the missing packages, they had been delivered to a different HD. So about 4-5 hours of my time wasted over 3 days.
I try to stay away from home dump too as their website is garbage as it never truly reflects what they have. I feel like it’s a ploy just to get your through the door. Bait and switch. Recently I had to replace the tires on my HD hand truck/cart and nobody had the tires or other stuff. H-dump said they could send it to the store. I kept getting emails everyday that some of the order was there but not the tires. Finally they said it was all there but when I went in they couldn’t find the top to the metal bucket I ordered. It took almost 45min. Never more. Until next nobody else has it :(

:face slap: Ilm trying to get the materials together to hook up my spare air compressor. Made the list and decided to use Home Depot instead of Lowes because Home Depot says they have FREE SHIPPING! Here are the 2 items that they tried to **** me on shipping cost
1/2 in. x Close Black Steel Nipple
THEWORKS
1/2 in. Brass FIP x FIP Threaded Full Port Ball Valve
Pack Size: 1
Valve Inlet Diameter (in.): 1/2
Model #PDB N12XCL

They kept trying to get me to pick up 2 items in the store. But I said if they are shipping the other 7 items why drive to town for the 1/2" nipple and 1/2" valve. So after several times of starting over again checking DELIVER they finally listed all 9 items as shipping. Damn good thing I checked before the final click of the mouse. $38 dollars to ship the 1/2" nipple and $76 dollars to ship the 1/2" ball valve. They are on my DO NOT USE list again. The reason I do not pickup at HOME DEPOT is they made me stand at the counter for over 45 minutes while they tried to find the part they said was ready for me to pick up and their handicap parking is at the entrance door and the exit door is at the very end of the parking lot!
You don't have a H/W store in town ?
I have one 1 block from work........

You don't have a H/W store in town ?
I have one 1 block from work........
nope not in about 25 years. big money ran them all out of business

They said free DELIVERY, not free SHIPPING. If you live within whatever they define to be their delivery area (10 miles?), they will bring it to you no charge.

I almost never go to HD anymore, Lowes is air conditioned.
HD is air conditioned here in NY, NJ, CT, and Indiana (I used to go for my nationals) you're telling me by you in CA it's not?

Back