Grizzly Belt grinder for HSS bits..?

Seriously, check out that Grizzly H7762 grinder. If I would have seen them before I purchased my 8” bench grinder,
it’s what I would have bought to grind my HSS with. It would make setting the angles & achieving a good grind damn near effortless (compared to a regular bench grinder).
I’m still going to get one, but it’s not happening tomorrow or anything like that.

I just thought I would mention it.
Hi..
I did look at that couple years ago when I was thinking about shaping my own HSS, its a nice unit. Mikey talked me into getting a belt grinder long ago for the added versatility... We have an abrasive wheel grinder and expanded wheel sander at work, But I'll get some bonus Oohh's & Aahh's when I bring this thing into work :)

Last edited:
Ordered...

Looking to find a source for a ceramic platen...

Ordered...

Looking to find a source for a ceramic platen...
There was a YT video of a guy who made one from ceramic tile, and eBay has numerous Sellers of the Glass Ceramic platens (with the popularity of the Grizzly grinder they probably have them already cut to length, but one for a 2x72 would probably work).

Hello all...

The nice FedEx man came bearing gifts today, It only took a couple minutes to assemble, and just like that you have a belt sander.

If there's no mod thread for this belt sander in the grizzly forum Ill probably start one.

Grizzly Belt Sander.jpg

Thanks everyone for the input, Mike.

Hello all...

The nice FedEx man came bearing gifts today, It only took a couple minutes to assemble, and just like that you have a belt sander.

If there's no mod thread for this belt sander in the grizzly forum Ill probably start one.

View attachment 499287

Thanks everyone for the input, Mike.

Happy New Machine Day! ;)

I'll be interested in seeing your thoughts after using it a bit.

lol I already have lots of thoughts... ill be starting a thread under grizzly machines and introducing it.

My final thought for this thread are, its compact, light weight and worth every penny if the motor and controller don't burn up.

Last edited:
Contender machine works has a number of upgrades for the Grizzly 2X42
including a much heavier steel platten and brackets.
Discussed in the link below https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/grizzly-2x42-upgrades.1962497/
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/grizzly-2x42-upgrades.1962497/
I have been very satisfied with my 2X42
Hello, Excellent Link... please visit the new thread for this machine here on the forums. Would like to hear about your experience with this machine.

Last edited:
Back