Yuasa Rotary table - rusty

Wow, that looks pristine inside!

Reassembly is a bit fiddly. Shout out if you get stuck.

Will do!

What kind of oil is used in something like this, way oil, or regular oil like is used in a mill? With grease on the gear faces I assume.

Last edited:
That's beautiful! I was guessing that was the case based on the condition of the paint.

I see now that it's horizontal and vertical. Wow... even better.
Please describe the other items you got along with this deal.

Will do!

What kind of oil is used in something like this, way oil, or regular oil like is used in a mill? With grease on the gear faces I assume.

Grease on the gear and worm, hydraulic oil on everything else. I prefer Super Lube grease because it is synthetic and will not cake and harden over time. I use regular hydraulic oil elsewhere. There is an oiling cup just to the left of the hand wheel; that gets oil under the table. Another oiling port is located just in front of the hand wheel; this oils the worm shaft. It's a good idea to oil both ports before and after use; you don't need to use a lot of oil here.

I finished writing up the write up on the rotab and am attaching it below, but only because there is a sequence to reassembly you need to be aware of. There are two things that you need to pay attention to. One is that you should not mess with the centralizing set screws in the black worm shaft collar unless your worm shaft binds. Second is that the worm shaft collar needs to be in the correct rotational position in order to adjust the set screw that eliminates back lash in the hand wheel. Otherwise, nothing is critical.

Edit: the hyperlink in my word doc doesn't work. It points to a thread I posted on a T-slot clamp set that I confirmed to work well on this table.

Attachments

• Servicing a Yuasa 6.docx
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Congratulations on getting the table apart! Looks like you got a real winner there.

I use Super Lube also. Good stuff. For those that may not know, it is available at Harbor Freight, ironically.

Having never used Evapo-Rust, I have to say that I'm very impressed. The table top turned out perfectly usable, and the graduations on the side turned out even better. Next up, reassembly.

1616379266887.png

1616379227447.png

A couple people asked what else I got with it. It's these two things, which appear to be bases for a rotating vice maybe. Both have graduations on them, and while I have no use for them now, I suspect they could be very useful down the road.

1616379388937.png

That looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back