Yuasa Rotary table - rusty

Definitely worth $100.
-brino

Just in case you are in your right mind and bought this table, I am attaching the factory listing for the 500 series tables and the manual that you'll need to get it apart.

Attachments

• 550-046 THRU 056.pdf
    440.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Yuasa manual.pdf
    771.6 KB · Views: 27
Evaporust will fix that right up. If there's no pitting it will look new in 24 hours.

I picked it up. Having never handled one in person, I expected the table to slowly turn as the crank is turned, but it doesn’t. The crank turns with reassuring resistance but the table isn’t moving. Either there’s a clutch thing going on that I’m not aware of, or there’s something going on between the worm and ring gear. Won’t know until I get it apart.

I’d think that these things are fairly robust and hard to break, but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Just in case you are in your right mind and bought this table, I am attaching the factory listing for the 500 series tables and the manual that you'll need to get it apart.
Thank you very much for this!

Typically there a lever near the Crank, which "cams" the worm gear in and out to adjust backlash and allow the table to rotate freely before engaging the crank. It may be in the "out" position.

Btw, some use a ring vs a lever.

Just looking the manual "mikey" provided.... Looks like yours uses a ring to move the worm gear in and out, and a t-bolt (#11) to lock the ring.

I picked it up. Having never handled one in person, I expected the table to slowly turn as the crank is turned, but it doesn’t. The crank turns with reassuring resistance but the table isn’t moving. Either there’s a clutch thing going on that I’m not aware of, or there’s something going on between the worm and ring gear. Won’t know until I get it apart.

I’d think that these things are fairly robust and hard to break, but we’ll see.

I took some notes when I disassembled and reassembled my table. If you're interested, I'll dig them up and post them here. Let me know.

Back