YOU OWN A central machinery 9x20 lathe???

Mine doesn’t leak at all, just internally. I suspect a funky valve seat or maybe they messed up the piston seal installing it. I should have taken it back I guess but the valve mechanism was sticky and not adjusted when I got it. It’s on the bottom of the ever expanding to do list but it never seems to get to the top.

ok we got this beast in the truck and waiting for the carriers to get it in the shop, will take pix of everything I bought soon.......also got some change gears so will post those and see what u guys think.............

??? Are we talking about the same lathe? Me and the owner loaded mine in the back of my Nissan PU by hand and I unloaded it with a cherry picker onto my bench by myself. It is 300lbs, a pittance by most standards around here.

??? Are we talking about the same lathe? Me and the owner loaded mine in the back of my Nissan PU by hand and I unloaded it with a cherry picker onto my bench by myself. It is 300lbs, a pittance by most standards around here.
Yeah, a Central Machinery 9x20 is around 300 lbs. My 10x22 was about 350, give or take. It's darn heavy to move all by yourself, but ok with help. I partially took mine apart to get it into the basement, made it a little easier to move. Made a sled to get it down the stairs.

I just put a handle on mine to move around by myself…

I am joking, of course, moved it around with the help of my brother. Removed tailstock, chuck... anything that was easy to remove, came off...

Last edited:

Moving up from a 7x mini lathe I believe.

ok heres a pic of the gears so hopefully thier the right ones, if so have to figure out how thier used...................and yes it took a cherry picker to lift this mother in the van!! now its figuring out how to get the damn thing out and on the shop bench .......:confused:

Attachments

• 100_3866.JPG
    100_3866.JPG
    932.5 KB · Views: 11
ok heres a pic of the gears so hopefully thier the right ones, if so have to figure out how thier used...................and yes it took a cherry picker to lift this mother in the van!! now its figuring out how to get the damn thing out and on the shop bench .......:confused:

Accept it... you really do not like reading the manual... come out clean now... :D

You should have:

2 - 30T gears
1 - 36T gear
1 - 42T gear
1 - 45T gear
2 - 80T gear

From your photo I see:

2 - 30T gears - I only see one...
1 - 36T gear :encourage:
1 - 42T gear :encourage:
1 - 45T gear :encourage:
2 - 80T gear :encourage:

Can you take a photo of the gears installed on the lathe? Open the side cover and share a photo...

IMG_2258.jpeg

Last edited:
you mean Im kinda good to go???? marvelous!!!!!!!!!!! :encourage: atleast somethings going right
>>>>>>>>>BTW thiers 1 more small one to the right that didnt get in the pic, that the 30T you didnt see???

Last edited:
The installed gears and the quick change box can cover many threads… but not all, that is where the additional gears come into play…. I just do not have the lathe in front of me… reason for telling the OP to read the manual…
I dont have the manual, seller is sending me a new one, so were good........

Back