YOU OWN A central machinery 9x20 lathe???

Harbor freight usually hs decent parts support.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
They quit carrying the 9x20 at least 5yrs ago. Lots of machinery was discontinued. I’ve not even tried them, if they still have parts I’d like to know.

I've got one of those, too. The 9x20 sold at Harbor Freight is basically the same as an Enco or Grizzly, but each had small variations. From what I've seen looking at photos, the Grizzly is identical to mine. (Just went to Grizzly to look. The one that looks identical to mine they list as the Grizzly 4000.)

What lever is broken? I had to make a new half-nut lever for mine. I also made a larger handwheel for the cross slide.

Last edited:
Make sure it has all the change gears for cutting threads if you plan on doing that
Buying them separately could set you back time and money
-M

I have an Emco 9x20, and have had good luck with the parts I've gotten from Grizzly fitting, mostly handles, and fittings. There have been a couple parts that had changed, but even these were mostly adaptable by getting the neighboring part, probably more a matter of age than brand. Over time parts get minor redesigns.

You want to look at the Grizzly G4000. They have a good parts breakdown, and I've found Grizzly's parts dept to be easy to use.

Be aware some of these lathes are metric and some inches, at least so far as the spindle thread. Jet uses a 1-1/2"-8 spindle, the current Grizzly G4000 and many of the other brands use a metric M39 thread. Some older Emco and Grizzly used an inch thread. I do not know what if any impact this will have for other parts.

Grizzly G4000 parts

I have an Emco 9x20, and have had good luck with the parts I've gotten from Grizzly fitting, mostly handles, and fittings. There have been a couple parts that had changed, but even these were mostly adaptable by getting the neighboring part, probably more a matter of age than brand. Over time parts get minor redesigns.

You want to look at the Grizzly G4000. They have a good parts breakdown, and I've found Grizzly's parts dept to be easy to use.

Be aware some of these lathes are metric and some inches, at least so far as the spindle thread. Jet uses a 1-1/2"-8 spindle, the current Grizzly G4000 and many of the other brands use a metric M39 thread. Some older Emco and Grizzly used an inch thread. I do not know what if any impact this will have for other parts.

Grizzly G4000 parts

^^^ This... mine has the M39X4 threads.... and, as mentioned, Grizzly is a great place to get parts for it as most of them are the same as their G4000

^^^ This... mine has the M39X4 threads.... and, as mentioned, Grizzly is a great place to get parts for it as most of them are the same as their G4000
so your saying grizzly does have parts for that 9x20 correct??

another question, in order to cut threads on the CM 9x20 do you have to have the right size "metal change gears" or can you just use quik change feature on the lathe??? if you do need the gears to cut threads how many does it require??

Back