YOU OWN A central machinery 9x20 lathe???

If it has a quick change box then most likely no additional gears are needed. I wasn't sure which version it was.
There might be a couple additional gears for cutting metric threads-

If it has a quick change box then most likely no additional gears are needed. I wasn't sure which version it was.
The installed gears and the quick change box can cover many threads… but not all, that is where the additional gears come into play…. I just do not have the lathe in front of me… reason for telling the OP to read the manual…

yes quik change GB to the left on the machine that has a "pull-out handle" to change gears I believe? will post a picture soon

yes quik change GB to the left on the machine that has a "pull-out handle" to change gears I believe? will post a picture soon
Page 12 of the manual has the extra gears list…

FC27DE53-C71F-407D-9A7F-65DF15E161D4.jpeg

heres the lathe I was refering too, also the handle next to the thread dial has broke off, so have to make a new one ............note the gear box on the left, is that so you can cut threads w/o the xtra change gears???

It is only half a quick change gear box, meant more for changing speeds than threading. You can do a limited number of threads on a particular set of change gears, but very limited like 3 or 4. You will need to use the change gears to get the full range of threads.

Change gears are not super expensive if you are missing one or two but they do add up if you are missing them, a full set could run $200 or so. Mine was missing a lot of them, but I paid a very good price for the lathe that more than offset that expense.

heres the lathe I was refering too, also the handle next to the thread dial has broke off, so have to make a new one ............note the gear box on the left, is that so you can cut threads w/o the xtra change gears???

I think Wachuko had to replace the same lever on his.

I think Wachuko had to replace the same lever on his.
I’d be careful to check and see if somebody tried to engage both levers. There supposed to be a lock out so you can only engage one at a time. The half nut on mine was either set up wrong by the factory or by the original owner. So it got mangled. I got a new one from Grizzly and set it up correctly and it been good(knock on wood) ever since.

Back