• Grinding machine

• Blaster or tumbler

• Welder or plasma machine

• CNC

• 3D printer, laser engraver, or other micro CNC

• Wachuko's choice

• Shaper!

Results are only viewable after voting.
FL has gotten crazy expensive, and my wife has no interest in moving there, so I’m safe :). My parents moved I think 18 years ago. They got a good price from their house in NJ, I grew up not that far from you in Branchburg, and were able to get into the Villages before prices really spiked. Their property taxes are much lower than what they paid in NJ, no schools to pay for in the retirement community I guess. Their house is valued at about the same as ours here in CT, but their taxes are less than half of what we pay. My brother lives in FL and mentioned something about taxes being capped at a percentage of the house value when you bought it, I would be curious what the taxes would be if we bought something there.
I probably shouldn’t let the secret out, but in PA taxes are tied to when the house was built.

Our house was built in 61 and we pay somewhere around 5k on a 2700sqft on three acres.

Across the river in NJ our taxes would be double if not triple that.

I can't help wondering if I'm creating more headache for my family (wife, son) if I keep buying more expensive toys.

I plan on making a notebook listing firearms, machinery and tool along with their current values and notations regarding future valuations in case I expire before my wife.

This way she will have some rough guide of how to sell off things.

I mean, she will then know what I actually paid for things, but what is she going to do, kill me?

I'll confess. For years the machine I have (at a near psychotic level) lusted over, yearned for, sought after, wished for, begged for is a GAU-17. They never show up on facebook market place, ebay, or craigs list. Every year for 30 years Santa scratches it off my list. I spent an entire summer helping old ladies across the street, still no GAU.

I'll confess. For years the machine I have (at a near psychotic level) lusted over, yearned for, sought after, wished for, begged for is a GAU-17. They never show up on facebook market place, ebay, or craigs list. Every year for 30 years Santa scratches it off my list. I spent an entire summer helping old ladies across the street, still no GAU.
I've always wanted a rocket launcher to come out of the hood of my car... That person doing 40 in the left lane while everyone else is trying to do 80mph deserves to be cleared off the road. Especially if you see the ones that give you the finger when you pass them... For them, I want one in the back of my vehicle so they can see it coming.:devil:

I probably shouldn’t let the secret out, but in PA taxes are tied to when the house was built.

Our house was built in 61 and we pay somewhere around 5k on a 2700sqft on three acres.

Across the river in NJ our taxes would be double if not triple that.
I grew up in NJ, taxes are insane there. I moved to CT in 2004 from a 1,000 SF house on 0.15 acres and paid just about the same in taxes as our house here in Litchfield County CT that is 3,000 SF and on 1.5 acres. I got many calls from recruiters to interview for positions in NJ after we left, but that was a hard no to going back. I used to belong to a shooting club in your town before I moved, no idea if they are still there or not, but it was nice going there during the week with nobody around. The people in the development surrounding it probably didn't like it!

I plan on making a notebook listing firearms, machinery and tool along with their current values and notations regarding future valuations in case I expire before my wife.

I mean, she will then know what I actually paid for things, but what is she going to do, kill me?

It would be an unreasonable and unwelcome expectation to do that to my wife. I'm leaving a business card for an auction house behind. She isn't going to want to take on that kind of work, and she'd cuss me the entire time. She might otherwise call the trash haulers. I'm serious, it's not a joking topic. I will start selling my stuff as I find I can't use it any longer, but in case I die suddenly, I have peppered suggestive comments into conversation about my estate auction. Hopefully the message has been received.

Lol man it’s not funny, but you got a point there. Just don’t leave the wife and the list in the same room.

I've always wanted a rocket launcher to come out of the hood of my car... That person doing 40 in the left lane while everyone else is trying to do 80mph deserves to be cleared off the road. Especially if you see the ones that give you the finger when you pass them... For them, I want one in the back of my vehicle so they can see it coming.:devil:
Lol those dam New Yorkers

What is the gay-17?

Back