What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

Not being a student, how does one get the Fusion 360 program???
And same BS, trying to get a free program and they want EVERY detail, including you work address, home phone number??????

No wonder this stuff is pirated so often...grrr

Last edited:
I use MasterCam X but also have been dabbling in Solidworks lately. I like the 3d for making sure things fit together for assemblies. Less chance of having to make parts over again because they don't fit.

paper, pencil, pens, and straight edges. Need to get into one of the software packages and try to learn CAD, Have to find one that will come with some good teaching materials for me to get to learn it.

Not being a student, how does one get the Fusion 360 program???
And same BS, trying to get a free program and they want EVERY detail, including you work address, home phone number??????

No wonder this stuff is pirated so often...grrr
Here is the site for Fusion 360:
http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/try-buy

Download the 30 day free trial. Once you have downloaded and installed, you will be notified of the time remaining. You can register for the unlimited free use providing you are: 1. a student, 2. an educator, 3. a hobbyist. 4. a startup business (<$100K/yr profit). The free subscription is limited to 1 or 3 years but can be renewed.

Info on setting up free subscription:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...-or-educational-licensing-for-Fusion-360.html

Re providing personal details in exchange for free software, nothing is truly free. IMO, it is a small price to pay to get some quality software.

I currently use eMachineShop for CAD and D2NC for CAM. I'm in a learning curve with CNC so these programs fit my needs at the moment. My only exposure to CAD has been with DeltaCAD and eMachineShop which are simple 2D and 2.5D programs. My goal is to do some 3D machining so I've downloaded Fusion 360. Been playing with it but to be honest it's way over my head. Lot's to learn but I'm not giving up.

Tom S.

Comes to me in a dream, me and these electronic gizmos don't always get along well. :bash computer:
I'll useualy sketch it out ,

I use a student version of SolidWorks, I get it by being a veteran. I used it for years before retiring so it is the easiest one for me as long as I can get a copy.

Back