What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

I use Inventor 2010, a left over from when I ran a drafting business. The 3D aspect helps to reveal clashes or to make improvements to the model.

Last edited:
Old Autocad 14 for 2d. If I need anything more I take it to work and do it in CATIA 3d. Would love to have a simple buy it once and leave me alone 3d for home, but havn't found one yet

Not being a student, how does one get the Fusion 360 program???
And same BS, trying to get a free program and they want EVERY detail, including you work address, home phone number??????

No wonder this stuff is pirated so often...grrr

Don't get rattled and "Don't look a gift horde in the mouth"
Just follow through and you will come to an option to be a Hobbiest and the door will open to a freebie if you are !' a start up businesss or 2 if you are a hobbiest.... just don't sell more than $ 100K in products in year. you will have to renew each year FOR FREE as long as you want it with same $ 100K restrictions as the first year...... NOT A BADDDD DEAL Is it ?

No, in fact after the fine prompting from you folks, it is installed... On a side note, I got a call from the person I bought the Logan 820 from, he had some more parts.... I got the turret originally and was really hoping for a tail stock. When I showed up, he pointed to a big box, and said it was quite heavy, I opened it, about 400 taps, and 50-100 HSS tool bits and about 50 drill bits. As I am rummaging, he opened a cabinet and says hey does this go with it??? it was the flipping tail stock.. Very good day. It has already been verified as the correct Logan tail stock for my lathe, and it has been disassembled, cleaned, primed and painted... whew..busy night

luck was with you this day. Looks like you still have a lot to do to go through all of that.

Maybe I'm sentimental and old-fashioned, but I rather use the T-square and pencil. My dad was an architect and I got his oak frame with maple top drafting table.

That was the way I was trained. Add "Do Not Scale" somewhere on your drawing and then scan it in your computer. I was told years ago some printers would reduce a drawing just enough to fit the paper better. I have Associate Degree in Mechanical Drafting before CAD became popular to industry.

I have used Cad Standard Lite (Free) on this laptop. It is the speed of drawing that is the challenge for me. I feel any good quality computer running any of the high quality programs and what is called a digitizer pad that will speed the process up. Walmart sells the pad, Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch, Medium Tablet It not the cheapest and you still need a drawing to trace from. Sorry I could be more helpful.

In my head. Then I sleep on it. Then onto pencil and paper. I might sleep on it again, and again and again.

Back