What Cameras Are You Using In The Shop

Most of the time my old trusty Canon G11 with the scratch on the lens (explicative deleted) although I sometimes use my smart phone or my Nikon 7100.

Two weeks ago I upgraded to a Panasonic G7, after a lot of research and input from some of my friends. They are pro/semi-pro photographers, so they helped me sift through all the marketing talk to get down the the cold hard facts. I've only played with it a little, but I have to say for $600 it was an excellent deal.

what i get:
  • interchangeable lenses
  • 16 megapixel sensor
  • cheap lenses compared to full frame
  • small size compared to a full frame
  • 1080p video at up to 60fps
  • 4k video at up to 30fps

I have a simple inexpensive fuji finepix JZ100. My biggest problem is lighting. Either too much reflection of metal stuff or when working with white acrylic it is washed out. Overhead is a fluorescent fairly high color temp as well as two led 5000k led lamps.

David

I have a simple inexpensive fuji finepix JZ100. My biggest problem is lighting. Either too much reflection of metal stuff or when working with white acrylic it is washed out. Overhead is a fluorescent fairly high color temp as well as two led 5000k led lamps.

playing with your cameras scene modes and white balance settings might negate some of your issues.

Thank you Dan. My son-in-law was over and he tried to go through the menu to see if there was some of those options, but I don't think they were listed that way. More like outdoors, and other type settings, and some were blanked out.

I just checked what you suggest, and I think the white balance is blanked out since I am in "auto" mode. So I will do some more exploring.

Thanks again.

David

Most P&S will work. If one has a flash control, that allows a soft flash or low power that even better. As sometimes when you are in the wrong position all you get is a white over exposed image. I have a old Pentax P&S, Dslrs and now a borescope that plugs into a USB port to use in the shop.
Pierre

I just checked what you suggest, and I think the white balance is blanked out since I am in "auto" mode. So I will do some more exploring.

I found the manual for your camera online, and it looks like the best option for you would be the P (program ae) mode.
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/dig...dex/j/finepix_jz200_jz100series_manual_01.pdf

Options for white balance and AF mode will be fully available and exposure compensation can be adjusted manually.

my only other recommendation would be to get a cheap tripod ($20 or less), and use the self timer. The tripod and timer will let you work the camera right up to its optical limits.

Back