What Cameras Are You Using In The Shop

:-O

IMG_7931.JPG

the face you make when you get your eyes drilled out

iPhone or iPad, only because it uploads to the mac laptop automatically (idiot proof sorta) and I'm a total retread when it comes to computers.

I have the early version of that Olympus camera, the TG-3 . The sealed aspect is nice for the shop so you don't worry about dust and you can wash it in the sink if it gets oily and dirty. I have taken mine snorkeling and white water rafting and it is really waterproof. It has awesome macro capability, it can do focus stacking in the camera so you get better depth of field than even a fancy DSLR with a macro lens (unless you do focus stacking using post processing software with multiple DSLR images). The TG-4 version also can record RAW images so you can do more elaborate post processing if you want.

I have a little point-and-shoot, but lately I've been taking everything with my iPhone 6 Plus. Seems to work fine, and as others said, it works well with my iMacs.

I use a 5 year old nikon p100. It's what is commonly referred to as a bridge (basically in between a point and shoot and a digital slr.) camera. It doss pretty well in auto mode in normal light settings, but you have to switch to manual mode to get really close, because the software has a hard time determining what it's focusing on.
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product-archive/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-p100.html
You can see some macro (close up shots) I took with it in this thread.

The dpreview website has a great deal of info including a feature search.

whats your budget?

I should add the best thing for close up shots is a cheap tripod (<$30), and a camera that has a timer, this allows for a long exposure time on still shots.

If you are going to purchase a new camera, I reccomend Canon. I am a full time pro photographer. I shoot Nikon but every year the products get worse and customer service is awfull.

There are a variety of clip on lenses for camera phones that allow for telephoto and close up. The most important thing is to find a way to hold the camera still to avoid camera shake. In addition to a tripod, you can put a bracket on your Maxine for down shots. Try to find or make a few identical quick releases so you can quickly move your camera around

You can buy or make a clamp to hold your phone on a tripod

Back