What are we coming to?

I've been watching a couple of documentaries on TV over the last few weeks ranging from Archeological to various sciences and it reminded me of what we all expected TV was going to become.
The great educator, the uplifting force for humanity.
Instead what did we end up with but endless moronic so called reality shows such as survivor, married at first sight, etc etc. where the most important revalation is who lost an eyelash or a fingernail.
And what must be the icing on the cake of imbecility -- "Goggle box"
Who the h*** came up with this idea?
Lets make a TV program watching asinine mindless dimwitted morons watching TV.
The fact this show is reasonably successful just goes to show how far down the evolutionary ladder we have fallen.
Probably as bad as placing best before dates on salt.
Savarin,
Your thread went viral.
The only TV i watch is one or two nights a week of Yellowstone (she loves Kevin) or the Annie show.
Dropout is the latest gig.
Maybe 3 hours a week for me. I’m retired, who has time for mindless television?

Last edited:
I guess its time to fess up and plummet down the ladder.
I do watch comedy, particularly standup, quiz/game shows such as 8 out of 10 cats does countdown and taskmaster. (search on youtube)
Virtually no American stuff, they seem to come up with an idea and then flog it to death in endless series.
Not too keen on American docos with their endless repetition of the same facts. Nat Geo appears to have gone down this road. Just like oak island.
Commercial Australian stations are unwatchable with their ad breaks every ten seconds (OK, so I exaggerate a tad)
British cop shows are still watchable but not American.
Some Aussie shows but not many.
Swedish thrillers
What we have become addicted to are Korean romantic comedy thrillers (all three in a single genre), subtitled but that doesnt bother me. The stupid part is I dont speak or understand Korean but have to have the volume up to understand the subtitles. :dunno:(netflix)

Back