What are we coming to?

Never understood paying for TV, when I've been around it, just more channels of things I don't want to watch. Reality Tv is a completely different reality than what I live, drama is something I try to avoid in life, so why would I watch it on TV?? Strictly OTA and have no problem changing channels or shutting it off. Even when watching I'll be doing something else at the same time.

i do like PBS and think Ken Burns puts out some good stuff, even if it's not perfect it's way better than many of the options.

I haven’t had cable TV since 1993.

I only regret this decision when local sports teams are in the playoffs, & I would like to watch the games live, not that I would have the time to do that.

I like YouTube just fine! YouTube meets all of my needs.

Well… we love HULU, Amazon Prime videos, Netflix, Disney+, YouTube, etc.

All our TVs are capable of streaming…

I do not watch real-tv shows…can’t stand those. All we watch are movies, some series like Supernatural, Jack Ryan, Reacher, The Mandalorian, The Expanse, Lucifer, Blacklist, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Sherlock, etc.

Only one that watches live tv is my wife when having her morning coffee…she likes to watch the morning news, then TV is off until we get out of work.

I hate TV.

Came home from work one day and literally stepped over my four sons who were lying on the floor watching TV. Changed clothes and talked to my wife in the kitchen for a few minutes; then she calls the boys to get to the table for dinner. ALL FOUR asked, "We're not gonna wait for Dad?"

I threw the TV out that night and haven't had one since. That was about forty years ago. Haven't missed it one bit.

And, oh, by the way - except for an occasional ball game or some other sports show, none my sons watch TV anymore either.

well, for those that remember the better days of TV..
have a laugh.. As this Farmer (no not the I'm a farmer of Woodstock) at 97 years old is hilarious.

I will listen to this kind of stuff in the background while working. That and music.

yes, a 30 minute YouTube for demonstrating a one paragraph concept is tough to sit through.
I agree with you both. Life for me got way better for those slow deliveries when I found out you can speed them up. At the top corner when watching a vid there are three dots, if you click on them a menu comes down and one is speed. Click on it and you can speed up or slow down. For quite a few things on u2oob I run at 1.5x. Drives me wife crazy as it’s going at quite clip.

I also have my Bluetooth headphones going a lot. Books, music, some podcasts(Lex Friedman). It’s about the only thing my cell is good for as I almost never talk on it, text every once in a while.

My speculation is that the reason these shows are so popular is that it helps people who don't feel so great about their lives to feel a little bit better. It shows them people worse off than themselves.

My speculation is that the reason these shows are so popular is that it helps people who don't feel so great about their lives to feel a little bit better. It shows them people worse off than themselves.
I agree completely. I have not spent one hour watching TV in the last two years. I don't see the ratio changing soon, and my kids can see the reason why.

Back