Wah Wah Wah

That is still blatant p!"" taking, irrespective of anything else.

In the UK, Royal mail goes by weight and size. Different brackets of cost for different classes of post (1st/2nd/recorded/silver, silver being the best coverage and fastest method). Basically, the faster you want it there, the more you pay.

I paid less than £5 to send a set of three M5 taps to a friend on next day delivery, recently too (last 3 weeks).

We also have Parcel Farce Parcel Force, as well as other courier/carrier options and all have decent shipping costs on larger/bulkier parcels as well as smaller items.

$19.50c for a 1/4" end mill? thats £15.45GBP. Absolute pee taking robbery.

I can understand high international costs for shipping and I call that fair. $110 from US to UK expedited shipping was a recent thing for me and I did not even blink at it.
VERY few distributors here ship through the mail, it is either UPS or FedEx, and both are significantly more than the post office. Shipping costs here are by weight and size as well as how fast you want it, I just priced a hypothetical shipment by dropping a small package off at the UPS distribution center to an address served by that same distribution center and the cost is about $12, so that looks to be as cheap as it gets to ship through UPS for a retail shipment. A place like McMaster-Carr that presorts shipments by the destination distribution center can offer lower rates, but most companies don't have the resources to do that. My shipping cost for things buy from McMaster start at about $10, and I am very happy with that since 99% of the things I order arrive the next day.

VERY few distributors here ship through the mail, it is either UPS or FedEx, and both are significantly more than the post office. Shipping costs here are by weight and size as well as how fast you want it, I just priced a hypothetical shipment by dropping a small package off at the UPS distribution center to an address served by that same distribution center and the cost is about $12, so that looks to be as cheap as it gets to ship through UPS for a retail shipment. A place like McMaster-Carr that presorts shipments by the destination distribution center can offer lower rates, but most companies don't have the resources to do that. My shipping cost for things buy from McMaster start at about $10, and I am very happy with that since 99% of the things I order arrive the next day.

That may well be the case, but what was the value of the order Vs cost of shipping and the average per item for shipping?

That may well be the case, but what was the value of the order Vs cost of shipping and the average per item for shipping?
I couldn't care less, shipping cost has nothing to do with what what the item costs.

I couldn't care less, shipping cost has nothing to do with what what the item costs.

It has EVERYTHING to do with what the item costs.

If a single item costs, say, $5 and shipping costs $20, then the ACTUAL cost of that item is $25.

If you have 10 items that add up to, say, $35 and the shipping is $20, the total of is $55 divided by 10 (number of items).

ACTUAL cost of each item is, therefore, an AVERAGE of $5.50c

Thats is beyond robbery, that is taking the blatant p!""

I say name & shame the company / seller and encourage a boycott. Nothing speaks louder than a seller/company seeing a dip in profits!

I'm not the one to raise the Boycott Flag. Just look close to the shipping cost and make your purchases as what is best for you at the time. This came USPS and took very little labor to put it in the bag and stick a computer-generated address on it. I've never been one to complain about a fair price either in product or shipping, but this is Just too much. This is camouflaged price gouging. Nuff Said

It has EVERYTHING to do with what the item costs.

If a single item costs, say, $5 and shipping costs $20, then the ACTUAL cost of that item is $25.

If you have 10 items that add up to, say, $35 and the shipping is $20, the total of is $55 divided by 10 (number of items).

ACTUAL cost of each item is, therefore, an AVERAGE of $5.50c
Of course, if you are concerned about average cost, that is true. My statement wasn’t 100% true, I do care that I don’t spend more than I have to on shipping, but I don’t take product price into consideration. When I order something I care about how soon I need it. If I don’t need it right away, I will leave it in my shopping cart until there is something I need right away, doesn’t matter if that item cost $1 or $100. In the case of this belt, how many am I going to purchase at a time? Likely 1, therefore the shipping cost has nothing to do with what the product cost and entirely with how soon I need it. If my lathe is down and I couldn’t run until I had a new belt, $17 for shipping is no problem. If it was for a back up, no way would I spend that, I would wait until I had more items to buy and combine it.

This came USPS
That sounds expensive for USPS, but shipping costs don’t always make sense. I have shipped items on Ebay sales and some of the shipping costs seemed much higher than they should be, and I know I didn’t add any extra costs.

Back