Wah Wah Wah

I have never ordered anything from McMasters due to the shipping rates
I used McMaster-Carr when I had my business. Time is $$$. McMaster has excellent service, super fast shipping, a huge inventory and have spent the time & $ to give complete information about the products they sell. If those things are not of value to you then eBay might be worth it. Speed, price, quality - used to be pick any two, now down to 0ne. Nothing wrong with being cheap but it comes at a price.

You must try shipping from the US to SA.
The same goes for Finland and that’s why I’m a fan of MyUS.

I have now eight parcels waiting for shipment at their warehouse in FL and the estimated cost to ship these to Finland is $31.63 :encourage:

Last edited:
For future internet search reference the big bearing is a: 6207ZZE
The small bearing is a: 6204ZZ

Both bearings have metal shields on both sides. I stayed with metal shielded bearings. I discovered 2Z means metal shields on each side and ZZ means the same thing.

I am having a heck of a time aligning the lower arm to be perpendicular to the fence. I will post more about that later after I take some more pictures to help explain.
Surprised you did not note that ZZ being metal seal could be directly swapped for RS bearings.

RS can, carefully, have the rubber seal lfted, be flushed clean and relubed then the seal (carefully) replaced. I also find they run a spot quiter too.

Well the V-belt arrived this morning. Here is a few pictures of what the Package that I paid the extra $17.55 in shipping cost looks like. Now I'm pretty forgiving but this simply robbery. No more buyers guilt for me from now on I will use Amazon Prime or free shipping on Flea Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_2286.JPG
    IMG_2286.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 9
Well the V-belt arrived this morning. Here is a few pictures of what the Package that I paid the extra $17.55 in shipping cost looks like. Now I'm pretty forgiving but this simply robbery. No more buyers guilt for me from now on I will use Amazon Prime or free shipping on Flea Bay.
Thats is beyond robbery, that is taking the blatant p!""

I say name & shame the company / seller and encourage a boycott. Nothing speaks louder than a seller/company seeing a dip in profits!

Thats is beyond robbery, that is taking the blatant p!""
If they shipped it UPS, $17.55 is not that bad for shipping from most companies. Travers is 1.5 hours from me, I just checked a 1/4” end mill weighs maybe an ounce or two and shipping costs $19.50. They used to ship USPS for half the UPS price, but stopped that last year.

If they shipped it UPS, $17.55 is not that bad for shipping from most companies. Travers is 1.5 hours from me, I just checked a 1/4” end mill weighs maybe an ounce or two and shipping costs $19.50. They used to ship USPS for half the UPS price, but stopped that last year.

That is still blatant p!"" taking, irrespective of anything else.

In the UK, Royal mail goes by weight and size. Different brackets of cost for different classes of post (1st/2nd/recorded/silver, silver being the best coverage and fastest method). Basically, the faster you want it there, the more you pay.

I paid less than £5 to send a set of three M5 taps to a friend on next day delivery, recently too (last 3 weeks).

We also have Parcel Farce Parcel Force, as well as other courier/carrier options and all have decent shipping costs on larger/bulkier parcels as well as smaller items.

$19.50c for a 1/4" end mill? thats £15.45GBP. Absolute pee taking robbery.

I can understand high international costs for shipping and I call that fair. $110 from US to UK expedited shipping was a recent thing for me and I did not even blink at it.

Last edited:
Back