Wah Wah Wah

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Yep I am a Cry Baby . Cost over 3 times as much to ship as what the belt cost. "Its a damn shame"

QTY
PRICE​
mail
B49 - B-Section V-Belt (5L520)
Product ID: B49
1​
$5.26​
Subtotal:​
$5.26​
Discount:​
$0.00​
Shipping:​
$17.55​
Sales Tax:​
$0.00​
Total:​
$22.81​

It is indeed a damn shame. Just a while ago, VIM Tools wanted to charge me 15 bucks for shipping a 0.05 lbs item within Florida. Like that Howie Mandel feller would say, no deal!

Don't feel alone. I bought a floor model drill press from MSC some years ago and the shipping was astronomical.
I don't remember the figures but the lading was about 25% of the total bill! :frown 2:

Darn that shipping is crazy for a belt! close to 3 & 21/64 times more expensive than the belt...

Did your wallet fall over in a dead faint?

Same here in down under land postage any form of shipping is daylight robbery plus tax.

Same here in down under land postage any form of shipping is daylight robbery plus tax.
Luckily in "Pommy" land, we have a few good options. Royal Mail, plus a number of low cost carriers & Courier companies.

A few years ago (15?), I placed some Buell hard saddle bags on ebay. We lived in NC at the time. Imagine my surprise when I read the winning bid's location and saw "Iceland". The 2 boxes were large enough for the bags with foam around, but light for the size. Had to ship them to NY to a shipping company, then from there to Iceland. The winning bid was a bit over $400. The shipping was almost $500. Ouch!

That belt doesn't look like anything fancy. Did you try finding a similar belt at a lawn mower shop, or auto parts store?

Last year I needed to replace a drive belt on the central fan in our house. It was a standard 1/2" V-belt, but was about 84" in length. Ordered from the fan company, it would have been $55 with shipping, but I found a near exact match at my local lawn mower shop for under $20.

Dang! How far is it to town? It might have been worth the drive.

Back