Snowmageddan in Md !

We got the usual 1/8" . :rolleyes: Not worthy of a pic . :big grin:
My grandson was in N. MD today, and there was some snow on the ground, although it appeared to be a whopping 1/4". My wife had given him a snowsuit, so he got a chance to wear it.

Here in Tennessee, I am prepping, Propane for the camp heater and emergency ventless heaters, just ordered a camping percolator to have coffee with no power, dry twigs for the rocket heater. We are expecting nothing in the way of winter weather, but TVA will order rolling blackouts like last year when your power gets short.

I wish we could arrange a swap. TVA power for power tools. All the old lathes and woodworking equipment seems to be up there.

For what it is worth, my city just sent out a snow emergency alert. They say they are expecting 12" of snow from this storm. Got some shovels out of the shed and brought them to the porch. If it snows, great. If not, that's ok too. Ready either way.

I'd think in Fallston, it is probably turning to rain now. Here it is predicted to stay all snow.
I remember one Christmas eve working in Lake Tahoe. It started snowing Christmas eve morning Didn't let up until Christmas day in the afternoon.
We had about three feet of heavy snow.
What a gigantic PITA.

Very little snow followed by heavy rain . It added up to nothing which I'm happy with . It would be nice to get one good snowfall to kill the bugs and whatever else . The record I've seen was 62" in a 24 hour period up on my property . Thank God I wasn't up there ! :grin: My camper will be scrapped this year due to 8 ft of snow on top of it 2 years ago . It ended up with 7 ft in the camper ! :rolleyes:

Shoulda let me know , I would have loaded him up with junk ! :big grin:
He's only 4 years old. I know, start him out right :grin: He's a little young for this stuff just yet, although he's fascinated by tools.

Actually, the picture with the 1/2" of snow was taken in Coves Gap, PA. So not too far north north of Hagerstown, MD.

I remember one Christmas eve working in Lake Tahoe. It started snowing Christmas eve morning Didn't let up until Christmas day in the afternoon.
What a gigantic PITA.
We went up to Tahoe to celebrate our anniversary one year in February. Easy trip from Bay Area. Got so much snow that we were snowed in for about 5 days with the highways closed. With no one on the road, we were making snow angles in the middle of Lake Tahoe Blvd. That was probably 30 plus years ago.

To all you on the East Coast, I know you all know how to deal with it but take care anyway.

What a gigantic PITA.
Over a couple of feet of snow in one storm is hard to deal with. I have bars to attach to the blower to cut through higher snow banks, but only the bottom is doing anything removal. So stuff falls on you. If you live in snow country you really need bigger machines for removal.

We got flurries off and on all day but the ground is too warm so it did not stick.

Back