Snowmageddan in Md !

Just got in from plowing with the Kubota . It was a tough 1/8" I had to deal with . Luckily the rain will melt it . :laughing:My beer won't go to waste either fwiw . ;)

Started here (South Central PA, about 15 miles West of Cabin Fever – are you ready??]) about 10:30am and we now have ~1-1/2", so it may get close to the 3" – 5" they say:

20240106 Snow.jpeg

You know I might have to dig out Chester's Chicken if it keeps up Chazz ! :grin:

Just got in from plowing with the Kubota . It was a tough 1/8" I had to deal with . Luckily the rain will melt it . :laughing:My beer won't go to waste either fwiw . ;)
You used a plow for 1/8"? :grin: That's not even a flurry.

More seriously, there's no beer in the house.:eek: My son-in-law drank my last one. Should have paid attention! I'll have to suffer with scotch tomorrow. Depending on how heavy the snow is, might need it. There's parts I can't quite get to with the snowblower, will have to use the Armstrong method instead.

Last edited:
1/8” is leaf blower snow (great for clearing a dusting off the wife’s car that usually is parked outside, unless bad weather comes:

IMG_6527_Radiant_Photo.jpeg
Only way to get both cars in the garage is head mine in and back hers in so the driver’s doors can open. This is why my shop is in a (small) portion of the basement.

Got about 12" of snow here, although it's still snowing some right now. Might end in an hour. I know you guys like pictures, so here's one looking out the kitchen door through our porch. It gives you the idea anyways. Spent a couple of hours cleaning up the snow, including clearing out the snow for a elderly neighbor.
PXL_20240107_180451964.jpg
Tomorrow, I have to clear off the porch roof. It's a job that I don't like doing. We are supposed to get rain in three days, and water logged snow is the recipe for flat roof collapse.

I always feel like I'm going to slide off the roof. Not likely, but it sure feels like it when I'm up there, as occasionally it can be slippery. I just slide the snow off the roof, trying to stay as far from the edge as possible.

We ended up with 6” +/- (weather.com said 9, but there was some sleet/rain at the end that would have reduced the ruler measurement).

We got the usual 1/8" . :rolleyes: Not worthy of a pic . :big grin:

We got the usual 1/8" . :rolleyes: Not worthy of a pic . :big grin:
You can stop by with your trailer and take back whatever you want: the icy boulders that the plow dumped at the end of my driveway will probably survive the rain later this week.

Back