Snowmageddan in Md !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
:eek: 1- 150 inches possible ! :eek: I'm loaded up with bread , milk and TP for the Ravens game . LOL , seriously , there may be snow up in NY on the property which is great for the small businesses . I know a lot of you guys are up in the affected areas , stay warm and post some east coast snow pics please . :encourage: ( Md snow should be posted under the joke of the day thread . We haven't had an inch in 2 years )

:eek: 1- 150 inches possible ! :eek: I'm loaded up with bread , milk and TP for the Ravens game . LOL , seriously , there may be snow up in NY on the property which is great for the small businesses . I know a lot of you guys are up in the affected areas , stay warm and post some east coast snow pics please . :encourage: ( Md snow should be posted under the joke of the day thread . We haven't had an inch in 2 years )
Seems the weather casters can't make up their minds. Whatever falls to the ground is ok by me, 3" or 3 feet. Just takes a little longer to clean up. We've had predictions from 3" to 18", depending on storm track. Unfortunately, the snow is not likely to stick around, since there's supposed to be a following rain event. Hope that doesn't happen because that can cause flooding. But we have to take it as it comes...

We aren't due for snow until the evening, so no salting yet. I really don't like salting the roads, it really eats cars and trucks. If there's snow and ice on the ground drive slower! Yeah, I've been in places where the road is slick, that's where you need it, but not everywhere.

They used to use rock salt on the roads here until some genius came up with a liquid de-icer they spray on the road.
The liquid works well but destroys cars and trucks from the bottom up.
A pick up trucks frame rots out before the body looks bad.

For what it is worth, my city just sent out a snow emergency alert. They say they are expecting 12" of snow from this storm. Got some shovels out of the shed and brought them to the porch. If it snows, great. If not, that's ok too. Ready either way.

I'd think in Fallston, it is probably turning to rain now. Here it is predicted to stay all snow.

Back