Show Us Your Welding Projects!

Next project. Have to cut in half the mobile base I made . The width is good but I have to add 4 inches to fit a different mill in the background...i'm not building another base ...lol
Mobile Base9-2016.jpg

Last edited:
She's parted ...now to add 4 inches . Luckily the width still works
---------------------------------------
MillBase Parted.jpg

She's done ...Mill base is now 4-1/2 inches longer . Glad to be done with this thing ...lol
3_---4inchParts.jpg
These are where the corner bolts go thru , and the weight is at. Cut sections of square tube and welded it in there . .
4BoxedOutBoltHoles.jpg
Had to use a long nose cup to weld up in there on the sides ...
5BoxedOutBoltHoles_inFrame.jpg
All the holes are for plug welds . Perfect job for the 211C Mig machine .
7ClampedTop.jpg
Clamped in place and started tacking
8ClampedSide.jpg
Broke out the MIG for the welds where I didnt need to stay flush
9TigginMiggin.jpg
All done finally . Added 2 more stabilizers on the sides also . Engine hoist tomorrow and then I can finally take a break !
10Done.jpg
11_935Mill_Base.jpg

6DoneForTheDay.jpg

Last edited:
The powder coating took longer than expected but everything worked out fine. The pallets and crate components where built and cut while we where waiting for the painters.
IMG_0193.JPG
Assembly took a couple of hours including securing to the pallets. The stacks of five are secured using nylon 1/2" flat webbing length wise and two 3/4" steel banding across.
IMG_0205.JPG
Heavy cardboard edge protectors keep the finish looking nice.
These are the labels that are used per cart.
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG
A detailed view of the handle bars in the deployed position. The simply rotate 180º and stop on the top bar that extends 1" on both sides.
IMG_0200.JPG
The crating.
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
Shrink wrapped and ready for shipping.
IMG_0207.JPG
well it seems I finished in time. Turns out I ruptured my left bicep tendon yesterday morning at work. Looking like surgery is is my only option as I'm left handed and can't afford to lose permanent strength. I'll be down for a while nursing my wing back to heath.
No turning or burning for me...... :bs:

The powder coating took longer than expected but everything worked out fine. The pallets and crate components where built and cut while we where waiting for the painters.
View attachment 137107
Assembly took a couple of hours including securing to the pallets. The stacks of five are secured using nylon 1/2" flat webbing length wise and two 3/4" steel banding across.
View attachment 137108
Heavy cardboard edge protectors keep the finish looking nice.
These are the labels that are used per cart.
View attachment 137109
View attachment 137110
A detailed view of the handle bars in the deployed position. The simply rotate 180º and stop on the top bar that extends 1" on both sides.
View attachment 137111
The crating.
View attachment 137112
View attachment 137113
Shrink wrapped and ready for shipping.
View attachment 137114
well it seems I finished in time. Turns out I ruptured my left bicep tendon yesterday morning at work. Looking like surgery is is my only option as I'm left handed and can't afford to lose permanent strength. I'll be down for a while nursing my wing back to heath.
No turning or burning for me...... :bs:
\

Great work as always Paco. Sorry to hear about your injury. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Mike.

Thanks Mike,
After the Ortho doc reviewed the MRI, he's now saying nine to eleven months of recovery after surgery.

Back