Show Off You Ars

PCC short stroke bolt catch mod and bolt clearance for a large barrel extension ramp and a reliable upper feed ramp.
PXL_20221114_200817887.jpgPXL_20221114_200718580.jpg

How well did your bolt machine"? I've found it iffy in the past when opening up the face for 10mm and 45 ACP. (Too cheap to spring for a Bushy bolt.)

How well did your bolt machine"? I've found it iffy in the past when opening up the face for 10mm and 45 ACP. (Too cheap to spring for a Bushy bolt.)

The bolt carrier machined easily, no reason to harden a part that pounds against the face of the alloy steel barrel extension every time the carrier returns to battery. I am always leery of finished parts until the cutter survives first contact. No problems here. I haven't found an AR part yet that I can't cut. The original AR bolt slides and rotates, so it is more likely to be hardened. I haven't tried resizing one, they're cheap enough considering the extractor may or may not like the mod. You can always anneal and re-harden parts later.

It's funny when you have parts laying around and put together a really nice AR for $400... at least that's what it costs to finish. Once you've had parts for years or decades the cost can no longer count, lol.
Sun Devil (out of business) billet receivers
Olympic Arms match barrel 20" 1-9 twist throated for 68-69grs(AWB no threads)
Old school free float kit that uses mil spec handguards (heavy)
KAK buttstock, buffer, and bcg
Hiperfire 24 3g trigger
Palmetto Arms lower parts kit
Pulsar Thermion2 XQ35 PRO Scope

I ended up threading the barrel.
20230305_220402.jpg
Then cutting off 2" for an 18" with 11 degree crown. I needed the practice as this was the first barrel I've threaded.
20230408_153701.jpg20230408_181406.jpg
And her all dressed up ready to go out for the night.
20230410_210504.jpg

Last edited:
Good build. That's a nice barrel, 9 twist will make you happy. People feed all kinds of carp ammo to ARs and claim accuracy, but that bbl should really respond well to handloads.

Good build. That's a nice barrel, 9 twist will make you happy. People feed all kinds of carp ammo to ARs and claim accuracy, but that bbl should really respond well to handloads.
Especially if you measured the Chamber and Load for the gun.

Is there any other way? :tranquility:
Sorry man, forgot who I was talking to..... LOL.

All kidding aside, there are those who think they are loading for the purpose of saving money and those who really do not understand the concept of loading for the gun.

Back