Show Off You Ars

Sorry man, forgot who I was talking to..... LOL.

All kidding aside, there are those who think they are loading for the purpose of saving money and those who really do not understand the concept of loading for the gun.
I had considered replying: "you know there is..."

Also, not every firearm is worth the effort and record-keeping to truly customize ammo. I'm a big fan of Ken Water's concept of "pet loads" because there are some loads that are just plain going to outshoot all but the most tediously crafted loads in (nearly) any barrel (of like type, etc.). I can't count the number of times I've gone to extraordinary load development efforts, only to "discover" that which was already known... That is, to wind up right where I'd be if I'd just picked everybodies 'Pet Load'...

GsT

Good build. That's a nice barrel, 9 twist will make you happy. People feed all kinds of carp ammo to ARs and claim accuracy, but that bbl should really respond well to handloads.
My Colt (another AWB rifle), has a 1 in 9 20" and really likes 68gr Hornady bthp around 2800-2850 with Varget. I've had that rifle since 1999 when I was 20 and cannot bring myself to make modifications. This one's fancy groups will be hampered by the scope. Eventually this barrel and handguard will be replaced. I want to put a 18" 6mm ARC that I spin myself on this receiver set.

Funny thing about this build is I bought the barrel and free float kit around 2003. The receiver set in 2008 and the trigger about 5 years ago. I've built 4 others over the years but never could figure out what I wanted to do with these receivers. Why I say it didn't cost me much, hahahahahaha.

My Colt (another AWB rifle), has a 1 in 9 20" and really likes 68gr Hornady bthp around 2800-2850 with Varget. I've had that rifle since 1999 when I was 20 and cannot bring myself to make modifications. This one's fancy groups will be hampered by the scope. Eventually this barrel and handguard will be replaced. I want to put a 18" 6mm ARC that I spin myself on this receiver set.

Funny thing about this build is I bought the barrel and free float kit around 2003. The receiver set in 2008 and the trigger about 5 years ago. I've built 4 others over the years but never could figure out what I wanted to do with these receivers. Why I say it didn't cost me much, hahahahahaha.
I am awaiting the frame and receiver decision from SCOTUS to see which prevails, the BATF or the Constitution prior to completing my latest build.

Back