Show Off You Ars

OK, the AR 45 still has me grinning! I've got an old CNC Guns grease gun mag lower with a Macon Armory DI upper that I dearly love. It was one of Rudy's first DI systems and he's come a long, long way since then. After the DI I just don't care to shoot a blow back AR, but I love seeing others do it. :encourage:

OK, the AR 45 still has me grinning! I've got an old CNC Guns grease gun mag lower with a Macon Armory DI upper that I dearly love. It was one of Rudy's first DI systems and he's come a long, long way since then. After the DI I just don't care to shoot a blow back AR, but I love seeing others do it. :encourage:
That’s actually a CMMG rotary delay upper

I'd like a rotary delay to play with, but y'all are missing out on the real AR... (sorry, crummy cell-phone pic...)

Attachments

• ar180.jpg
    ar180.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 20
As an owner of 1 of 500 original Costa Mesa AR-18s (serial range #1000-#1500) that Armalite sourced Apex match barrels for somewhere around 1962-1964 in order to make the market requirement for further Army and Marine testing, I can say that I know exactly what @GeneT45 is saying... the real AR!

Is yours an Armalite (not many made- 3000 maybe) or a Sterling (widowmaker, 30k units imported to US) or a Japanese contract Howa (also 30k units imported)?

The radial delay softens up the recoil a lot from what I hear and is great in the 45. The 10mm... not so much. the lugs self destruct.

The AR180 has a big following. I've not had any experience with them, but those that have 'em love 'em.

As an owner of 1 of 500 original Costa Mesa AR-18s (serial range #1000-#1500) that Armalite sourced Apex match barrels for somewhere around 1962-1964 in order to make the market requirement for further Army and Marine testing, I can say that I know exactly what @GeneT45 is saying... the real AR!

Is yours an Armalite (not many made- 3000 maybe) or a Sterling (widowmaker, 30k units imported to US) or a Japanese contract Howa (also 30k units imported)?
Costa Mesa, 3-digit SN... Sadly the optic is not Armalite...

GsT

The radial delay softens up the recoil a lot from what I hear and is great in the 45. The 10mm... not so much. the lugs self destruct.

The AR180 has a big following. I've not had any experience with them, but those that have 'em love 'em.

Ive got a couple of the radial delay guns. Theyre actually easier to get the radials to run vs blowback 45's.

Ive got a few of the 180 derivative guns . SIG rattler and Brownells BRN. The post sample Rattler runs as fast as 1400 per minute.

Costa Mesa, 3-digit SN... Sadly the optic is not Armalite...

GsT

If King Solomon told me I could only keep one rifle out of my safe, it would be the Armalite. I have the Hakko made/Armalite branded 4x QD scope, it really belongs there.

I've spent a bit of time sketching and head scratching about copying the mechanics into a pistol caliber upper. After shooting CMMG and JP carbines (they are nice but offer a very small margin over a tuned blowback carbine), I was building steam to do the project until the state dropped a ban on us last year. It's funny, I used to think I had my whole life to work on gun projects- no rush, do it right, get the good materials, pick up tooling here and there as it appears. Now I am not sure if this part of the hobby will exist in 5 years.

Back