Should I make QCTP holders?

Yes sometimes we are spoiled in the states, however it still gets expensive quickly buying QC blocks. Also you can customize the blocks or tooling to fit your requirements. Two projects I done that is on video comes to mind. One the boring bar holders, yes I could have ordered the bargain BXA blocks for around $100, however the block of hot rolled was $35 and I machined the blocks to custom dimensions to match the diameter of the individual bars. Larger blocks to support the larger diameter bars and so forth. Then the cut off block, I wanted a one piece block that placed the blade closer to the QCTP, so for a piece of material that came out of someone’s scrap bin I had a new holder.

Part of the hobby is making tooling that works better. As I say often “ I have more time than money “. What some folks think that their home shop should be looked at as a business where time is money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

;EBay have a variety brands 250-201 from A$30 to 60 including free postage. Similarly Banggood has them from about A$40 inc postage.

Yes I have bought 6 from the guy in Adelaide @ $39 each

My point was $17.86 on Amazon in the USA and $77-$100 in Australia

Yes I have bought 6 from the guy in Adelaide @ $39 each

My point was $17.86 on Amazon in the USA and $77-$100 in Australia

Yes I realise. Amazon is a complete rip of in Australia.

Back