Questions about a Sharp Mill

In terms of space, have you thought about building a rack for the lumber? Being able to sort wood on a rack and have some additional space underneath for other storage would be high on my list. I've restacked lumber piles that size too many times when the wood I needed was near the bottom. (Yours may all be the same type of wood.)

I saw a sign at the local farm store, "My shop, My rules", which I may have to go buy. So just a suggestion, run your shop as you see fit.
That big pile of wood you see there is knotty oak, which is destined for trim in our house. It is a project that I will be starting on very soon and that 1200bf of lumber will start to disappear rather quickly. The wall that the hydraulic press and air compressor are up against has a wood rack on the other side where my cabinet grade material is located. I also have a sheet goods rack on the other side of the wall too. The area where my Kubota (which isn't supposed to be in my shop either...long story) is to be my metalworking area only. The other side of the shop is dedicated to woodworking. For reference the shop is 36x36.

That big pile of wood you see there is knotty oak, which is destined for trim in our house. It is a project that I will be starting on very soon and that 1200bf of lumber will start to disappear rather quickly. The wall that the hydraulic press and air compressor are up against has a wood rack on the other side where my cabinet grade material is located. I also have a sheet goods rack on the other side of the wall too. The area where my Kubota (which isn't supposed to be in my shop either...long story) is to be my metalworking area only. The other side of the shop is dedicated to woodworking. For reference the shop is 36x36.
Neil,
LOL, this sounds like something I would face. Re-arranging things to keep up with the hobbies, home maintenance, tractor maintenace and general juggling of projects that need doing so other projects can be done.

Welp, it is home. It was a very long and stressful day but she is home.

I would also like to say that this sucker is BIG. "Oh yeah Neil, it is about the same footprint as your other one". Um, no. Nice try guys. :laughing:

The trailer did not track worth a crap, so I was limited to 55mph, which made the 225 or so mile trip rather long and tiresome. I made the pallet out of some 4x4s and two pieces of LVL bolted to the 4x4s. I drilled the hole pattern in the pallet (thanks to @mksj for sending me that manual) and everything lined up and dropped into place.

Now to sell my 833T and get some power hooked up to this beast.

Attachments

• IMG_20220526_160824742_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220526_160824742_HDR.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220526_153424900.jpg
    IMG_20220526_153424900.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20220526_204551337.jpg
    IMG_20220526_204551337.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220526_194427888.jpg
    IMG_20220526_194427888.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 69
Welp, it is home. It was a very long and stressful day but she is home.

I would also like to say that this sucker is BIG. "Oh yeah Neil, it is about the same footprint as your other one". Um, no. Nice try guys. :laughing:

The trailer did not track worth a crap, so I was limited to 55mph, which made the 225 or so mile trip rather long and tiresome. I made the pallet out of some 4x4s and two pieces of LVL bolted to the 4x4s. I drilled the hole pattern in the pallet (thanks to @mksj for sending me that manual) and everything lined up and dropped into place.

Now to sell my 833T and get some power hooked up to this beast.
:you suck:
Congratulations on your new mill. You are gonna love it. And you get a BIG YOU SUCK.. enjoy it.

There is someone in the want to buy thread looking for a mill. The Sharp looks awesome.

Glad to hear you’re home safe Neil, the mill looks awesome! Fun times ahead :)

Always nice when someone posts a "should I buy this" and it turns out well. I'd say you have the upgrade you were looking for and then some. Glad to hear the move went smoothly (I wouldn't want to drive much faster than 55mph anyway with that load)....

Looking forward to seeing it in place in it's "forever home" :)

John

The mill looks terrific. Nice truck too. :):)

Where did you have to go, Madison?

Back