Questions about a Sharp Mill

The bad handling probably could have been solved by lowering the coupler on the trailer. You had the mill far enough forward in the bed but, the trailer was tilting down enough that the rear axle wasn't doing much. This effectively reduced your tongue weight! Multi axle trailers must be level when loaded, bad things can happen quickly!

In a pinch, you can stop the wagging by adding weight over the truck's rear axle. Stop at Lowe's for 6 bags of play sand and pile them against the tailgate, 300 lbs makes a huge difference! (Or your wife's favorite mulch)

Beautiful mill, congratulations!

Last edited:
Where's that Kubota going to reside now ? Hopefully not outside in the elements ! :big grin:

Where did you have to go, Madison?
No, I had to go to Eau Claire to pick up the trailer (46 miles) and then over to Savage, MN (107 miles). Pick it up in Savage then home (119 miles) and then the trailer went back to Eau Claire (another 92 miles round trip).
The trailer would get really wild at anything over 58 miles an hour. It was so short coupled, plus the fact that it doesn't have axles (the hubs are bolted to the frame) so who knows where caster, camber, and toe-in were set. Once the mill was on, I never went over 55mph and took it real easy around any corners. Oh, and it was about 4:45 when I got the mill loaded up and started out of the Cities... Two days before a holiday weekend. Uggghh.

Where's that Kubota going to reside now ? Hopefully not outside in the elements ! :big grin:
Oh heck no! It will end up back in the shop. In the meantime my truck will sit out. LOL

I was thinking the same thing about the house. I love the paint colors too.
I probably shouldn't do this but here is a couple of pictures of the backside. We are 60ft up on a hill overlooking a river. All woods around us. In fact, as I sit here writing this a doe and her fawn were just 30-40 ft down from the house and a bald eagle flew by a moment ago. No joke.

Attachments

• 20210527_160528.jpg
    20210527_160528.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210527_160638.jpg
    20210527_160638.jpg
    850.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220425_130831309_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220425_130831309_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
I probably shouldn't do this but here is a couple of pictures of the backside. We are 60ft up on a hill overlooking a river. All woods around us. In fact, as I sit here writing this a doe and her fawn were just 30-40 ft down from the house and a bald eagle flew by a moment ago. No joke.
Beautiful home! I live in a similar setting. I have a deer that lives on the property that acts like a dog. It sleeps up by the house and is not as afraid as most deer are. We have bald eagles as well. The last time I saw one it was at the neighbors eating one of his chickens.

Very nice. Drop deck trailers that have been overloaded get the wheel adjustments screwed up and track poorly, especially around curves as the tires tend to tilt in opposite directions. The other issue is when loading, you need to mark the center between the wheels on the deck. When the deck lowers it heads backwards so when you load it is difficult to judge where the weight should be. The mill looked a little too far forward and shifting 12" makes all the difference on the road.

I'm in Wis Rapids and have lots of stories of coming from the Twin Cities through Eau Claire. Went to school there in the 70's. Good luck, Dave

The last time I saw one it was at the neighbors eating one of his chickens.
Cripes!! Well, that is the way it goes. We have to keep an eye on our small dogs too around here. Coyotes, raccoons, bears, and fischers just to name a few predators around here.

Attachments

• DSC04072.JPG
    DSC04072.JPG
    883.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03995.JPG
    DSC03995.JPG
    840.7 KB · Views: 8
Back