PM’s new MagXact MX-200L DRO?

I can try mine today and see if I get the same behavior.

I can try mine today and see if I get the same behavior.
So I ran my mill on power feed, and stopped it, and the numbers settled down pretty quickly. I feel like it was quicker than what I saw in the video, but have no empirical data to show this. I do have a video however.

I'll try mine after while also. I know my feed rate doesn't work right.

So I ran my mill on power feed, and stopped it, and the numbers settled down pretty quickly. I feel like it was quicker than what I saw in the video, but have no empirical data to show this. I do have a video however.
Yours seems to be quicker. I tried mine today again with the servo feed.

Clearly lagging.

My buddy sent me a video of his DroPro display about 6 years old now. I was going to buy but they were sold out of 3 axis until Christmas.

I'm really hoping PM can admit there's a problem and stand behind their product. I've had nothing but good things to say about them for years now, many referrals for new machines too. This might just end it.

I hope so, cause i have one coming with my 1440TL hopefully at end of this month.

Looks like you'll be disappointed then. I showed them my video, and the other one that was posted. PM said....

"I don't see anything unusual from the ones we have here. As long as the position is being reported correctly when it stops, it's doing it's job."

Playing back at half speed you can see that the feed rate says 8.1 inches per minute and displayed value are 0.009 inches apart which works out to updating 15 times a second. Christian's video showed values 2.375mm apart with a feed rate of 34.9 mm/sec, which is also close to 15 updates a second.

Seems like a pretty slow update rate compared to other DROs.

The manual (from DROPros) mentions a "Vibration Filter" as a per-axis option which might cause the effect you are seeing.
In some applications because of vibration or unstable scale the values of the display could become unstable and unreadable. For example in grinding application because of the grinding machine vibration the values of the DRO display can become unstable. It disturbs the user. So this vibration filter function will help the operator to read the position correctly.
Maybe see if that feature is set and try turning it off?

I have the EL700 from DRO Pros and it does not have a vibration filter, but I noted in the MX-200 there is one. I also use something similat to this as a VFD parameters to stabilize the speed, and as Jaek mentioned it usually increases the sampling time and averages the results. I would see if this is accessible through the setup menu for each axis and see if it can be turned off. The MX-200 is the same as the EL-750, but there seems to be a few software issues. DRO Pros now carries the EL-750 and the attached manual describes the vibration filter on page 38, I would start out by setting it to 00 which turns it off, the range is 00-20. You might also check the functions for feed rate that it is the proper axis and proper unit (inch vs. mm)

1658115392902.png

Attachments

• EL750 Manual.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 97
Back