PM’s new MagXact MX-200L DRO?

As far as the zero approach, the tolerance can not be higher than the setting. Set it to something like 1" for the X Axis to try it. Set tolerance to zero.

From the DRO Operation Screen: (Make sure you are in Inch Mode before doing anything below)
Press Right Arrow
Setup
User Setup, press SEL
Press Down Arrow and get to Zero App Tolerance, set that to 0.0000
Press down arrow to Select Axis
Select the axis you want to set the Zero App on (Say X Axis for this example)
Press the down arrow to Zero App Distance, set this to 1.0000
Press the down arrow until you are at Save & Exit
Press Save
Now press the Down Arrow until you see Save & Exit
Press Save
Now you are back at the home DRO Screen

Press Fn
Make sure Zero Approach is on. If not, then turn it on, and press Exit.

This is something you would use if you are milling or turning a long part and want it to beep when you get close. Like an inch away, maybe 5", depending how fast you are going.

Its more of a warning you set up. Example is to set it at 1" Above. Thats good for slow feed rates on a mill or lathe, you want more if its faster. Then you can turn the beep off and on as you please with just a couple buttons.
I got it to beep at 1", but that's effectively useless for me. I like to use it when milling slots to depth and just want it to beep right at the end so I don't zone out and overshoot. I dont want it beeping for 75% of my cut or I'll lose my mind.

I tried setting it back to .050" after changing it to 1" and it took 5 times of me going through the settings and changing it to actually get it to change. There is something wrong with the software, and I think it discourages people from using those features since they are an exercise in frustration. I could not get it to work at anything below .039" so I suspect 1mm is the minimum it allows you to set it at. Not sure why it would have this limitation.

@qualitymachinetools I bought one of these DRO's at the beginning of the year. I'm just getting to installing it. How do I get this new firmware?

Last edited:
Newest version on firmware is now 1.1.4. I sent back both my DROs to be updated while I was on vacation.

What looks good? The lag seems gone now when moving the table to the display showing the movement. I did not attempt to save a tool yet, But I think that will be useful on the lathe if I do a TP drill chuck.

One thing that was an issue that is still there with the newest update, is I am still getting wild errors on the milling machine version occasionally when 0-ing the Z Axis. Instead of going to zero, it will display some ridiculously long number instead.

@qualitymachinetools will we be able to do these firmware updates ourselves in the future?

Back