PM’s new MagXact MX-200L DRO?

I was just made aware of this TODAY.

It will get handled, just give me some time. The factory says yes its just a software update needed and they admit it, we have it, just trying to get it to install so we can send it out.
I don't have a dog in this fight but seriously, these guys have had issues since March and you say that you JUST heard of this. I find that hard to believe or maybe harder to believe that the employees were unable to convey that to the owner of PM.

…The factory says yes its just a software update neede….
That’s great news. When it’s ready, if it’s available on your website I’ll download and install it

(once my mill arrives in a few weeks of course…)

I don't have a dog in this fight but seriously, these guys have had issues since March and you say that you JUST heard of this. I find that hard to believe or maybe harder to believe that the employees were unable to convey that to the owner of PM.
Emoji Thumbs Up 3.png

I was just made aware of this TODAY.

It will get handled, just give me some time. The factory says yes its just a software update needed and they admit it, we have it, just trying to get it to install so we can send it out.
Are they planning on fixing all the issues in the software update? It would be a shame to go through the effort of updating the software and not taking care of all the issues. Here is what I'm experiencing personally on my 2 units:

1. Lag of the readout - slow response time
2. Feed rate display showing incorrect feed rate and also the option to turn it off doesn't work
3. Tool library does not display the number of the tool, it just displays tool -- for every item loaded in there
4. Beep on approach only works in metric mode
5. The DRO constantly resets itself to 5 micron readout (.0002" divisions) when set to 2 micron. If I change to another setting and then change back it will read out at .0001" for a while then out of nowhere will start reading at .0002". When I go to settings it still shows it's set at 2 micron despite reading in .0002 intervals. Switching to 1 micron readout makes it read in 5 decimal places even though the last digit is always zero.

Additionally, can you provide some instructions on rehoming the scales in the event of a power outage, or if the scales are moved while the DRO is off? I need to do this from time to time to make sure my tool library aligns with the spindle and it seems like homing functions don't work as intended.

Please chime in if I've forgot other issues that need to be addressed.

Thats why I have people other than myself to handle things, yes I just heard about it. If you think I can handle every single issue by myself, I do not know what you are thinking or how that could even be possible. When I need to get involved I do, but I certainly could not handle everything alone.
The tech tickets are from 3 people (Who I think are all posting here) out of hundreds of these MX200s that we have shipped, no mention of any other problems and are using them without issue. I use one of these personally on a mill in the shop here and didn't notice a problem with the lag or anything else, until it was mentioned yesterday, then I looked at it and said huh that does seem different, but it might not be the same as those with the issue because mine did not alarm me without it being brought up.

It aint a show stopper, that's for sure. The tech guys have been working with the people at the factory over there, they tried to put in an update that the factory sent but it failed 2x when we tried it. (Not me, the IT guy that we have who is good at this kind of thing)

They have a ton of emails back and forth from the factory to explain it, I think they get it now, just have to see if that software update fixes it. And when it does, we will just exchange displays out, thats probably the easiest way for those who have an issue. I can see that tech did drop the ball on updating customers about the progress though.

Like I said, it WILL be handled.

As far as the homing and other things Lucas, I am not familiar with what you are asking exactly, please add to your tech ticket if you have a question about that too if not already in there.

Received tracking information for a replacement MX200-M this morning. Should be able to give impressions when I install it. It has been updated re: Software/Firmware.

So what do we need to do to get this update? Will it be a firmware update or replacement?

Not sure. I may be a beta tester, or they may be running through folks by order date, but for me it will be a swap out.

I am also not sure if all DRO's were impacted or just some.I had a ticket in with PM for this for quite some time.

Back