PM1340GT Value??

I'm right up the road from you in FW. We drive all the time to the Burelson HEB. Since you are looking for a CNC lathe....would you ever consider converting your lathe to CNC?
No I don't want the hassle and would prefer a proper cnc lathe. If I can find one for a decent price, live tooling would be a plus as well.

I had my PM25MV on Facebook for 2 weeks and no buyers.

I put it up on Craigslist and got multiple buyers within an hour of me posting it

Not sure I understand this. You haven't taken delivery and you CAN change your mind, right? Given the scarcity of lathes nowadays, PM will have no trouble selling the one you reserved.
I'm planning on reaching out today to see if my delivery is still on track with all of the craziness over there. The rub is in order to have the cash on hand to buy this one, a refund would need to hit my account from PM. Once I pulled that trigger, I have been kind of eager for my brand spanking new machine...but if the circumstances in Taiwan have changed, and pushed my delivery, I would have no problem asking for a refund, and road trip to TX with a trailer...

No I don't want the hassle and would prefer a proper cnc lathe. If I can find one for a decent price, live tooling would be a plus as well.
Don't know what your price range or lathe specs, but I recall seeing a Tormach 15L fs in San Antonio on Facebook. That may not fit your needs based the posted CL photos :)

I would be interested in buying this from you. I have been lurking here for about a year reading everything I could about PM lathes and I have decided to buy a PM 1340. I am waiting for my house to be finished so I have not ordered one yet. This may be the perfect solution for me. I will be visiting my brother next week in Austin and I could drive over and make arrangements with you to have it shipped to FL. I can pay cash no problem. I do not have any idea what it would cost to have it crated and shipped. Feel free to private message me.

Michael

So been a while since I've played the craigslist game. What's with the "can I send you a code to verify you're aren't fake?" 3 right off the bat. What could they possibly get from that?
Just a heads up on the code thing. Once they contact you and you contact them back, they get your email and try to reset your password to take over your email. The code actually comes from your email provider and when you send to them they can change and take access to your email account. There were some posts on local craigslist a while back on this.

Last edited:
I'm also interested! I could show up with cash and a trailer this weekend. I know others have expressed interest but please put my name in the queue, Thanks

I know what everyone is going to say, "it depends on the local market" but I'm considering selling my 1340GT. What would do you all think I could reasonably expect to get for it? It has the taper attachment, a bison 4 jaw scroll chuck, the upgraded 3 jaw scroll and 4 jaw independent and a nice "made in poland" 3 jaw scroll set true check, front and back spider chucks, several live centers and a tegara drill chuck. It has DRO, about 12 tool holders, solid tool post riser and compound can be put back on. It's a single phase machine, but I have a Baldor vector drive motor and Automation Direct VFD ready to install, I just haven't got around to it yet.

To me, I think it should bring $5k with all the chucks and stuff, but I'm sure I'm dreaming. Any ideas? I'm in the DFW, TX area if anyone is familiar.
So how did your sale go over the weekend?

I know what everyone is going to say, "it depends on the local market" but I'm considering selling my 1340GT. What would do you all think I could reasonably expect to get for it? It has the taper attachment, a bison 4 jaw scroll chuck, the upgraded 3 jaw scroll and 4 jaw independent and a nice "made in poland" 3 jaw scroll set true check, front and back spider chucks, several live centers and a tegara drill chuck. It has DRO, about 12 tool holders, solid tool post riser and compound can be put back on. It's a single phase machine, but I have a Baldor vector drive motor and Automation Direct VFD ready to install, I just haven't got around to it yet.

To me, I think it should bring $5k with all the chucks and stuff, but I'm sure I'm dreaming. Any ideas? I'm in the DFW, TX area if anyone is familiar.

I'd be interested in knowing what you eventually sell your lathe for. I am seriously considering selling both of my machines, a PM935TS and a PM1340GT, and all of their tooling around the end of this year. Thanks.

Sale went good. She is gone and I can honestly say I miss it already. I haven't been without a lathe in 15 years.

wrmiller, if yours is similarly equipped as mine described earlier, I'd ask no less than $6500. I let mine go a little cheaper, but not much. I had already committed to this gentleman before I had several other offers. No doubt, I left a little on the table, but that's just how it goes.

Back