PM1340GT Value??

I just bought a mill and already have a 1228 but I'm drooling at the prospects of your offer. I'm cheap so I'd hit you lower than your asking price but 5k is definitely fair. I'm in the Abilene area I'm quite tempted. Would love to upgrade my 1228 but i still havent really outgrown it. Just want a more rigid machine.
Come get it!!

So are you upgrading after selling your lathe? If so what are you looking at?
I'm in love with the CNC game now so looking at CNC lathes to replace this. I may very well regret selling this as I absolutely love it, but I don't have the room to keep anything if I bring a new machine in.

I would add it all up of and take 15% off and say first to show up with Cash gets it. Things are too hard to get right now to give it away. You have a lot of nice extra's that aren't cheap. I don't recall if the warranty will transfer, but if it will you should still have some time with it and that is a plus as well.

You don't say how old the machine is or what its condition is, but I'm assuming it's relatively new and well maintained. With that qualifier, I agree with those who say you're a little light on your price. I'm with Mark (mksj). I would be inclined to think if it's in the condition it sounds like, you could easily get $6,500. As a comparison, a few years ago, I gave $6,000 for a very nice Vectrax mill, Made in Taiwan with all the bells and whistles on it. It was ten years old, but had only been used one year in a hobby environment, and was stored in a house for the next nine. I have a contact at MSC Direct and asked about that unit compared to a new one. She told me if it's essentially perfect (it was), it likely is a better machine than a new one. That age machine was made completely in Taiwan. The newer ones evidently have many parts made in other places. She told me even MSC doesn't know where all the parts were made. $6k was a little less than half what a comparable new one would have cost. I drove 250 miles one way to get that machine. Glad I did, and I never looked back.

Also, I don't know about your area of the country, but I suspect it's not terribly different from mine. We live in an equipment desert around here. When a good piece of equipment pops up, it's usually sold before most people ever knew it was on the market. (I sold a nice Chinese lathe about six months ago on Craig's list and had seven responses ready to buy it. First guy that called was the first one here, and he got it.) Assuming good equipment in your area is sparse, see what other comparable equipment is selling for; anticipate how yours stacks up with regard to quality and peripherals; set a price, and stick with it. Bet you'll sell it in a heartbeat.

Regards,
Terry

Well, I posted it on Craigslist for 6500. We will see if it gets any interest. After thinking about it more, with the vfd and motor, I think thats still a good deal. I have a pile of mt3 drill bits and tools I'll throw in with it to seal the deal if someone shows up on the fence. Wish me luck.

Reactions: tjb
Also didn't think about the tooling. CCMT, CNMG, DCMT, multiple carbide boring bars, regular boring bars, that should be worth extra value as well.

So been a while since I've played the craigslist game. What's with the "can I send you a code to verify you're aren't fake?" 3 right off the bat. What could they possibly get from that?

Do not agree to the code crap. It is a scam. Craigslist has turned into nothing but a scammer hangout. I now sell my stuff on Facebook marketplace. I hate Facebook but it is 10 times better than CL

Do not agree to the code crap. It is a scam. Craigslist has turned into nothing but a scammer hangout. I now sell my stuff on Facebook marketplace. I hate Facebook but it is 10 times better than CL
Yea I'm thinking I need to make a Facebook account again

I believe you will get the best price if you're willing to crate and load on an LTL, listing it as a 7-day auction on eBay with plenty of photos and no reserve. I'd put the starting price at $5K, and have a complete list of the tooling/chuck inventory and be as specific as you can be. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for $7,500 with siginficant bid jumps in the final 90 seconds of the listing. When I'm buying on eBay I use eSnipe to enter my bid in the last 6 seconds of the auction, and a lot of other people do the same. I have tried the Facebook marketplace several times as buyer and seller, and I'm totally turned off by the lack of a good messaging system to allert both ends about questions and how to pay/settle the deal - it's a joke IMO. Craigs List is a lot better if you demand all cash at time of pickup, require a Venmo non-refundable $100 deposit to hold for 24 hours, and specify there is no post-sale support.

Back