PM1340GT Value??

springer

Active User
Registered
I know what everyone is going to say, "it depends on the local market" but I'm considering selling my 1340GT. What would do you all think I could reasonably expect to get for it? It has the taper attachment, a bison 4 jaw scroll chuck, the upgraded 3 jaw scroll and 4 jaw independent and a nice "made in poland" 3 jaw scroll set true check, front and back spider chucks, several live centers and a tegara drill chuck. It has DRO, about 12 tool holders, solid tool post riser and compound can be put back on. It's a single phase machine, but I have a Baldor vector drive motor and Automation Direct VFD ready to install, I just haven't got around to it yet.

To me, I think it should bring $5k with all the chucks and stuff, but I'm sure I'm dreaming. Any ideas? I'm in the DFW, TX area if anyone is familiar.

I think that's a great value/price - there is a lot of demand though and price may be low. Lot of folks might drive a ways to get a deal like this.
I usually knock off 30% of original pricing if it's used and in excellent condition (any of my hobby items and I try to keep them as OEM as possible reduce for any major dents/dings and be up front with pics) and they all sell quickly - IMHO

Just a retired guy with some great/fun hobbies.

Thanks for the insight. I'm the kind of guy that thinks my stuff is , worth whatever would be a good deal vs new so usually on the high side, but at the same time, as soon as I decide to sell something, I'm ready to move it and usually lose my a$$ on it.

I think you are a bit low, in particular with all the additional hardware. It is a toss up on the addition of the VFD and vector motor that you will get decent money out of those, you may be better posting those in this forum or possibly Craigslist. Usually if people see stuff, they want it, so it all depends on if you are looking at getting rid of everything in one swoop or piece meal it out. I would ask between 6-6.5K for the package. When I sold mine, I posted it on Craigslist, had a gunsmith drive 500+ miles each way to pick it up. He was a happy camper, in particular to get a lightly used lathe all set-up to go. Also given that nobody has new lathe inventory, I think people will make the trip to buy it. I put mine on outrigger rollers and we rolled it onto his trailer with a small ramp he made.

I just bought a mill and already have a 1228 but I'm drooling at the prospects of your offer. I'm cheap so I'd hit you lower than your asking price but 5k is definitely fair. I'm in the Abilene area I'm quite tempted. Would love to upgrade my 1228 but i still havent really outgrown it. Just want a more rigid machine.

Right now with everything on back order or sold out, it might be worth more than you think. I sold my PM1022 lathe a few months back with hardly nothing with it. The only extra the guy got was a set of indexable Chinese tooling and a 5" Pratt Lambert chuck. Didn't even have the follow or steady rest. $2400 which was about $700 more than I paid for it. He wanted a lathe now and everything is sold out.
YMMV

I'd be asking double for my 1340GT with a VFD and DRO. I have two 3-jaw and a 4-jaw (all set-tru), a set-tru collet chuck, 25-30 toolholders and a bunch of stuff I'm probably forgetting. I'd want $9-$10k and I'd still be losing money.

I'd start yours at no less than $7500, probably higher.

So are you upgrading after selling your lathe? If so what are you looking at?

What stand is it coming with? When did you purchase it?
I made a stand for it last year, 2x3 and 2-1/2x2-1/2 heavy wall tubing. I bought it in 2017 but don't have a ton of hours on it because my day job had me super busy as soon as I bought it.

Back